Banana Bread {And Some News}

I have another Banana Bread recipe on this blog.  Its perfect and amazing and I have made it no less then fifty times.

Bestbananabread2

But then my dear hubby brought some other woman’s banana bread home from work.  And then he said… get this…

“I like this better.”

I Faint.

I Sob.

I Throw myself on the floor in a fit of justified hysteria.

And then I decided to see if I could replicate it. Cause he was right, it was fabulous.

Bestbananabread

I found a recipe that was a bit different, tweaked it a bit, and boy am I happy.

Its amazing.  Delicious.  Moist. Full of wonderful banana flavor.  I would never have known this banana bread bliss had another woman’s baked goods not threatened to capture my hubbies heart.

But remember I have some news?

Well, turns out that a fabulous publisher thinks I have a book in me.

I will be writing a book based on the creations like you see here on iambaker.  Most of the book will be new ideas, but there will also be some revamped old favorites. (Like the Rose Cake.  Its probably my favorite cake ever!)

So I had this big “surprise” moment planned out in my head.  A year or so from now I would announce, “I’ve written a book!  Here it is!”

But something just didnt feel right about that.

See, this blog wouldn’t be much without you.

Without your feedback and comments and participation.

We have teamed up nicely to do Cake Challenges.

We have succeeded in making baked goods for people across the country.

We have brainstormed ways to give baked gifts to people in need.

Did you catch the important word in all those things?

We.

I would not be writing a book if it weren’t for us.

So, dear friends, it just doesn’t seem right to not have you be a part of this process.

I want to include you and share secrets and behind the scenes happenings with you.  I want you, my friends, to get more then the person who just picks up a copy of the book on a bookshelf.  (Right now I am just hoping that someone gets the opportunity to pick one up on a bookshelf!  It still seems like an impossible dream!)

We have come this far.  Now lets take it to the next level.

You may have noticed that my blog posting has slowed down considerably and that I have started a “Baking With” feature.  This is because I have been busy with  (having four kids and a husband whom are my first priority!) book stuff and just cant bake three treats a week like I used too.

Its a bummer to me that I cant post as often right now, but it is my hope that you will understand.  That you will embrace the people that have graciously agreed to join the iambaker baking family through guest posts.  That you will do what friends do… tell me if an idea needs work or if I buttercream frosting in my hair or if I am just nuts.

Bestbananabread1

And now for the recipe: (Adapted from Allrecipes.com)

Perfect Banana Bread

2 eggs

1/3 cup vanilla yogurt

½ cup vegetable oil

1 cup ripe mashed bananas

1 ½ cups white sugar

½ cup brown sugar

½ tsp vanilla extract

1 ¾  cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

½  tsp salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare chosen pan.

Blend together the eggs, yogurt, oil, extract and bananas in mixer with low speed.

Add in sugars and fully incorporate.  Then add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.

Pour into prepared pan and bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

I have doubled this recipe with great success.

(Be sure to start checking your banana bread at 45 minutes.  I have had it be done in 50 minutes or heard that it can take as much as 75 minutes.  It just depends on the accuracy of your oven.)

Enjoy!

In case I forgot to mention, I am hoping for a fall release for the book, which means I will need to get it done very early on in 2012.  This tight deadline is tough, but good.  I am excited!  Nervous.  But mostly just grateful for this amazing opportunity.

I hope you know how thankful I am that you are willing to come along for the ride.

Comments

1. says

Amanda…I am so incredibly excited for you. And so incredibly excited that someday your beautiful creations will live in my kitchen…in a book…not just on the computer. With your help, I know I’ll be able to make pretty cakes someday. Can’t WAIT to see it.
    Can I have your autograph?!? Really?

2. says

Ok… if you didn’t know, I don’t use the term “SQUEEE!!!!!” very often – it’s reserved for truly momentous occasions. So excuse me but.. “SQUEEEEE!!!!!!” WOO HOO!!!
    Ahem.. I feel better now.
    Congratulations!!! All I can say “well, it’s ABOUT time!!!
    Seriously… could not be happier for you!!!

3. says

Ahem.. I feel better now.
    Congratulations!!! All I can say “well, it’s ABOUT time!!!
    Seriously… could not be happier for you!!!

4. says

Congratulations! How exciting this must be for you. I’m thrilled for all of you baking bloggers writing books – I can’t wait to see yours! (and the great thing about writing a blog is, you can have buttercream frosting in your hair, and we’d never know!)

5. says

AWESOME!!!!! I came along to your blog when I first saw the Jack-o-lantern cake and have loved you (and your blog) ever since! I would be first in line at your book signing. Then I could say I’ve met PW AND Amanda from I Am Baker/Mommy!!! Dream come true I tell ya! Really, I would buy your book and love every page, I’m sure! Good luck getting it all done on time. We’ll still be here when you’re able to breath afterwards. :)

6. Shellie Cadogan says

That is amazing news…you will do wonderful…and I will be looking for the book on the shelves!
    I promise to tell you when you have batter in your hair, flour on your forehead or a literary stumbling block…we will be here to encourage you!
    Congratulations Amanda and family!

7. Rosie says

Yay!! Amanda, I’m so truly happy for you. What a journey you’re about to go on, and you deserve it all. I’m not sure I can wait another year, but I can promise you that I will be buying your book for everyone I know! xo

8. Rosie @ Sweetapolita says

9. SMITH BITES says

well done Amanda AND WELL DESERVED!!! I AM OVER THE MOON FOR YOU!!! and i simply cannot wait to see the beautiful book i know you’ll create – you. are. FABULOUS!!!

10. says

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am screaming out-loud!!!!!! this is so exciting!!! I can’t wait for the book to be released! CONGRATULATIONS a million times!
    Megan

11. says

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
    So…are ya going to title it, “Calorie Heavy”?
    JUST SAYIN’!!!!
    For real though…I am SO excited for you! And I totally can’t wait to buy your book. And I hope you come do book signings…in the Finger Lakes (and Tracie and I will host you for a baking weekend or something fun).
    Really and truly excited for you and can’t wait!

Trackbacks