I Am Baker

Dulce de Leche Smoothie

I have a secret to tell you.

I have been seeing Dulce de Leche everywhere.  I am fascinated by it.  The way the words look and sound and the mystery of complex flavors they tease.

I love just saying Dulce de Leche.  I feel sophisticated and gourmet.

So you can image how excited I was to try it.

And how lame I felt when it just tasted like caramel.

Oh, its not Dulce de Leche’s fault.  Its mine.  I have a very unsophisticated palette!

But I can still run around saying it and pretending I am cool.

Anywho… I came across this coulndnotbeeasier recipe for a Dulce de Leche smoothie and had to try it!!

IMG_9132.smoothie

1 box butterscotch instant pudding

3 cups milk

1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping

Combine in blender until smooth.

Smoothie will thicken as it stands.

Add whipped cream for garnish if so desired!

Can I tell you where I got this super sophisticated recipe?

Off the box of butterscotch pudding.  Thank you JELL-O.

IMG_9135.smoothie

And just because I am a glutton, I added a bit more caramel to the top.

This smoothie is really thick and rich and packs a sweet punch that just might knock ya off your feet.

In a good way of course.

IMG_9145.smoothie

Have you ever had Deulce de Leche?  Will you join me in just saying it at random times throughout the day?  No?  Thats weird?  Oh.

Yeah, I knew that.

Comments

1. Londa says

Oh, that looks good! I saw a recipe on Tastespotting for easy homemade Dulce de Leche. They put an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in a crockpot with a couple of inches of water and cooked it over night. It transformed into thick delicious looking caramel! As if sweetened condensed milk needed any help to be better…
    Have a GREAT Mother’s Day weekend with your four sweet blessings!

2. Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen says

I love dulce de leche! I just made a dulce de leche chocolate cake recently and it was delicious!
    The smoothie looks incredible :)

3. says

I missed you, LOL! YOu are so funny. LOOKS great to me, and thats MY kind of recipe! You can come here and say dulce de leche and feel really smart becaue you will know SPANISH!!!

4. Amy | She Wears Many Hats says

Ooooh, it does look mighty tasty! Will remember this one when I get a craving for caramel, which is like almost every day. ; )

5. says

Oh my, I’m wiping the drool as I type… that looks so good, right up my alley too it’s easy! :) I’ll have to pick up the ingredients ASAP!

6. says

This is a delicious looking smoothie Amanda. I discovered dulce de leche several months ago. I keep a jar on hand all the time now. Will have to make this for the grandkids sometime…when they are quiet…and get them going for the parents LOL

7. Cookbook Queen says

Dulce de Leche…I am totally joining you on this. Because we all know that two weirdos = not weird anymore.
    Looks amazing!! Happy Mother’s Day!!

8. says

I love dulce de leche! I don’t generally think it has a butterscotch flavor but I guess I can see that. I have a recipe for it under my Alfajores recipe on my blog that’s safer than boiling on the counter in an unopened container. However, it’s not as easy as this! And it’s not in a shake/smoothie! How awesome is that!

9. Fyra Vintage & Handmade says

My roommates and I just took Goya Dulce de Leche cookies and dipped them into a cheap (but seriously delish) can of dulce de leche. I’m pretty sure we needed this drink to go with it!! Overload? nehhh!

10. Fyra Vintage & Handmade says

11. says

I’ve been having the same cravings Amanda and how ironic that I am enjoying a butterscotch snack cup while reading this. Just bought a mix to make my own as I needed more than what was in the snack cup ~sigh…Thanks for sharing the recipe; very blender ready here! ;)

12. says

I have made a homemade Dulce de Leche cheesecake for my husband. It is his favorite…but making the sauce takes forever and if you aren’t watching and stirring it will scorch…I know from experience! :) But your smoothie looks amazing!!

13. Rose says

Great!!! I’m from Uruguay and Dulce de Leche was invented here(though some Argentinians may argue on that). In Uruguay everything is filled with it, I’ve never known any other filling for a cake, it’s the best combination. If you get to come here, Conaprole is by far the best brand, totally delicious!!!!!!!!!!
    I love your blog and your recipes!! In fact, I always make bakerella’s cake pops with dulce de leche instead of frosting. Try it, you will love it!! LOL!

14. Gianna says

No, it’s not weird!
    No more weirder than me laughing at the word pants! All. the. time!!!!!
    I will send you that video via facebook!

15. Bethany says

Funny! I love good caramel and have always thought the two were next to identical. :) Enjoy the nursing mommy metabolism. Mine is coming to it’s sad end. :)

Trackbacks