I Am Baker

Flower Cupcakes

I named this post flower cupcakes for a number of reason.

1. There are flowers on the cupcakes.

2. There are flowers on the cupcakes.

But they are different!

You shall see what I am blabbering about in just a moment.

So I volunteered to make about seven dozen cupcakes for an event my church is having tonight.

IMG_5364.flowers
I got this *brilliant* idea to make royal icing flowers to stick in each cupcake.

IMG_5347.flowers

I sorta broke 50+ of them on the way to church. I think my heart broke a little too.

Not literally. Just figuratively.

IMG_5388.cupcake

In each flower I made a little something special for the church.

I added "ACV" on each leaf. That stands for Alliance Church of the Valley.

IMG_5392.cupcakes
Can ya see it?

IMG_5622.cupcakes

IMG_5631.cupcake

I just wish the folks at church would have gotten to see them! Most likely, what they will see it this.

IMG_5374.cupcake

Can you see the other 'flower'?

This is my new favorite way to frost cupcakes! Its like a delicate rose!

IMG_5569.cupcakes

IMG_5411.cupcake

You can also add some subtle color for a neat effect.

IMG_5577.cupcakes

IMG_5589.cupcake

Kinda neat huh?

IMG_5656.cupcakes

Well, no matter what method you try, you are sure to be a big hit at any party!

Comments

1. Ashley says

I love it! Your pink rose sticking out is beautiful. I may have to take it for some of my won cupcakes. I’ll be sure to give credit though. You’re amazing!

2. cherylene says

adorable. I would next time take the flowers very carefuly seperate and then add them when I got there. I don’t know they are sooo adorable though.

3. says

Even if they broke – they are gorgeous! Just like everything you make! How I wish you lived close to me – I don’t want to have to attempt a 16th birthday cake for my daughter next month!! I’d hire you!! :o)

4. says

Everything is so delicate and pretty. Shame that the royal icing roses broke. Super idea to do your church initials in the leaves. Love how your coloured your frosting on the cupcakes.

5. says

I just used a #1M tip… make a small spot in the center, then one big circle around it. It took a few tries to get the hang of it, but I just love the effect!!
    Blessings!
    Amanda

6. Laurie says

I can imagine how your heart broke. Your pictures are lovely, even though your church failed to see your self-giving heart felt work. Just the swirl of frosting, looking like a flower, stands for itself. Beautiful work.

7. says

Both of the flowers are beautiful. I love the orange color on the one. I must try that for cupcakes for my daughters birthday in July. Simple and yet fance, any little girl’s delight. Thanks for sharing.

8. Londa says

Gorgeous! Bummer they broke but the “backup” rose is just as beautiful! Hope the event goes well! Your church is blessed to have you!

Trackbacks