My mom sent me this: (thanks mom!)
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2011 when…
1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.
2. You haven’t played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of
4. You e-mail and text the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they
don’t have e-mail or text addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is
home to help you carry in the groceries…
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t even have the first
20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic
and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your
11. You didn’t notice there wasn’t a number nine because you are busy mentally locating your phone.
My son drew me this.
Here is our conversation:
“Colton, this is fabulous! Tell me about it!”
“That is you and Eddie and Audrey and Parker and me and Daddy and I wrote the dogs names and that is our calendar and we are on day 15.”
“What is that on Mommy?”
“You are fat.”
“Just mommy is fat?”
I swear to you I could not keep the giggling inside. Oh how I love the honesty and purity of youth!
Now I need to go run 27 miles. No more treats for me!