I Am Baker

Vertical Layer Rose Cake

*Tutorial HERE!

I have been dreaming about this cake for about a month.

IMG_8836.stamp

Dreaming of layers that went up and down instead of horizontally.

IMG_8950.stamp

Dreaming of obscene amounts of delicate frosting roses.

IMG_8855.stamp

Dreaming of a variety of flavors.

IMG_8886.stamp

And finally, my dream has come true.

IMG_8958.stamp

Normally I share recipes and techniques and design aspects and every detail I can think of sharing… and maybe I will do that if anyone cares to know. But for now, I just want to enjoy it.

Why?

IMG_8895.stamp2

Because tomorrow (Feb. 1st) is my birthday. And I wanted to make myself a cake! (thats me getting sassy with myself)

I just want to sit back, relax, and have a piece.

But I do wish I could share it with you.

Cause man oh man…

It. Is. Good.

Comments

1. says

And THIS is why you are a genius. I hope your birthday is full of joy and fun and blue skies in the midst of a gray winter. So grateful to call you my friend. (You are my friend, right?)

2. says

Oh my goodness! This is one of the most stunning cakes I have ever seen. How incredibly perfect would this be for a wedding!? I want to get married again so I can have a cake that looks like this… To my husband, of course.
    Hope you have a happy birthday and enjoy that cake!!

3. says

I think this is my favorite post of yours…ever!!!! I want to eat this…and I want this to be a pillow on my bed! SO beautiful!!! Have a super wonderful birthday!!! You’ll have to let me know how 34 goes…for seven days ’til I join you! :)

4. says

Oh YUM!!! I am speechless!!! It looks beautiful…and sooooooooo tasty!!!! Would love to know what flavors you used!! Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!! Hope your day is sooo sweet!!!!!!

5. says

Oh, happy, happy day-before-your-birthday!!!
    This cake is so DREAMY, Amanda! Yes, when you have time, I *must* know how you made those roses and the vertical layers….but until then, I’m happy to just gaze upon it’s loveliness. ♥

6. says

Happy Early Birthday! Mine’s in a few days too. (on the 11th) Yay for February birthdays and making cakes that WE like! :) I would love a tutorial for this one-it’s really beautiful.

7. Jenn says

That is gorgeous! It looks like real flowers! Probably the most beautiful roses frosting I’ve ever seen (and I’m not exaggerating).
    Happy Birthday Amanda!

8. Rose D. NJ, USA says

Happy Happy Happy Birthday! Enjoy that delicously stunning cake and please share the recipe!!!! My best to you!

Trackbacks