Dirty Little Secret

filed under: Miscellaneous on January 17, 2011

Alternatively Titled: Clean Little Secret

I should not be sharing this little secret about myself.  Its not like I need to give anyone else another reason to think I am totally weird.

I just could not resist sharing this with you.

I have been doing something for about 20 years now.

Yes, I started when I was still in the womb.

Not.

I read the directions on shampoo bottles.

A normal, well reasoning person would have deducted that they might not need to read the directions at all, as applying a soap based product to your hair is a fairly simple process.  But even if they did want to reinforce accuracy, surely once or twice would have been enough.

Not me.  I read every single bottle I buy, and sometimes more then once.

In my normal practice of things, I decided to try out this new (to me) brand at Target.  I try to go organic whenever possible, and when that cannot be done, make sure it is at least free of parabens.

IMG_8124.stamp

When I turned over the little guy to soak up the directions like a good book, I discovered this.

IMG_8122.stamp

Shampoo daily on wet hair while singing.

And you know what?

I did.

It never felt so good to be weird.

Comments

• Sally says:

hahahahah – I love it. THAT is worth the price of a bottle of shampoo for sure!

• Stephanie says:

That’s awesome. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Renee says:

So silly ๐Ÿ™‚

• MamaBear says:

I read them too – but not usually until they are staring me in the face from the shower rack. ๐Ÿ™‚
    That’s the kind of shampoo I use and the same brand I use of conditioner for Julia’s hair. It’s so much more affordable than the other natural stuff and when you go through 5T of conditioner to get through Julia’s curls, well it adds up!

• LoveFeast Table says:

Cute!
    Will have to try them both together! ๐Ÿ™‚ ~CA

• Casey says:

I read them too! Always have and probably always will. I have never found a cute saying on the back of my shampoo bottles! Lucky you! Lather, rinse, repeat is about all I get. ๐Ÿ™‚

• kelli says:

LOVE it! ๐Ÿ™‚

• SweetSugarBelle says:

Hahaha! I used the tomato lotion yesterday. I read directions too…it said rub lovingly on face…I did! Don’t you usually read the directions WHILE singing in the shower?! Your not weird…everyone does that. Right?! Joy to read as always…
    Thought of you yesterday in world market. They are selling red Valentines pancake mix. Wonder if they got as.many sweet encouraging emails as you did about your rainbow ones;-)

• CFMama says:

LOL, so funny, my singing voice sounds so good in the shower.

• Reeve says:

Oooh my you make me laugh! I love creative lables and directions!
    And you know what? I do that too. For all my life. You’d think I’ve have figured out how to shampoo, but I ALWAYS read the directions, as if I’m expecting a bolt of lighting to strike me “ahha!! NOW I know how to shampoo my hair!”
    oh well. weird people unite ๐Ÿ™‚

• Renee (Kudos Kitchen) says:

Guess you never know for sure until you read the directions. LOL, love this! BTW, how did you like the shampoo?

• miranda says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE packaging that says quirky or cute things on it. There can never be enough of that.

• amber hurd says:

That is so cute ๐Ÿ™‚ I make sure I always sing while in the shower. I have seen that brand at Meijer’s for babies.

• Sonya says:

HAHA!! I love it when they do directions like that. And don’t worry…you aren’t the only one that reads the directions on shampoo bottles. I read the directions on everything…even if it is something that I use on a daily basis. It’s almost a compulsion…well not really. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Ruth says:

I wonder why they included that? Just to see how many people actually read the bottle. I read things I’ve read before, several. times. over. But not usually the shampoo bottle ๐Ÿ™‚

• jenney says:

I think I would buy it just for the directions :o) We use all organic stuff too except my husband who insists AXE for men is what he needs. Heavens if it isn’t more expensive than organic. I think he thinks it is more manly!

• Bethany says:

That’s awesome! I read the back of shampoo bottles too. ๐Ÿ™‚ The back of the kids Suave is the most interesting thing I’ve found lately.

• Alissa says:

Love this. If you’re going to go to all the trouble of designing packaging/labels for something you might as well make it awesome.

• Chantele says:

Hahaha! That’s awesome ๐Ÿ™‚ I read the shampoo directions nearly every time I’m in the shower, as I see many of your readers do. Not so wierd after all! My clean little secret: I love to brush my teeth in the shower! Nothing like getting all clean all at once ๐Ÿ™‚

• Meera says:

I read the shampoo directions as well. Too funny!

• JennJenn says:

I also read all directions, but on shampoo, shower gels, conditioners, lotions, blah blah blah… right down to toothpaste. And while I’m waiting for the conditioner to do it’s thing, I read them all over again.

• Amy K says:

Thanks for the smile today!!

• Christy says:

bwahahaha!!! You crack me up girl!!!

• Karina says:

That is AWESOME! I doubt my shampoo bottle says that, but I’m going to do it anyway. That should be on every bottle!

• Shannon says:

You’re not weird!! I too am a diligent shampoo/conditioner bottle reader….ya never know when they may change the rules on me and I’ll be doin’ it all wrong ๐Ÿ˜‰ And, I admit, I still read cereal boxes too…LOL!