Grace is Her Middle Name

filed under: Miscellaneous on October 1, 2009

"The
child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the
world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not
be, another child like him."

-Pablo Casals

IMG_7742.resize

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

Anonymous

IMG_7507.paleclarifyburnt

"Children learn to smile from their parents."

Shinichi Suzuki

IMG_7660.resize

"A
child's spirit is like a child, you can never catch it by running after
it; you must stand still, and, for love, it will soon itself come back."

Arthur Miller

Picnik collage.ingagreen

"Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right"

Bible quotes

IMG_7924.resize

"The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught, as that every child should be given the wish to learn."

John Lubbock

IMG_7949.hushburn

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them."

Lady Bird Johnson

Picnik collage.ingahat.resize

"Every child you encounter is a divine appointment."

Wess Stafford

——————————————————————————————————————————————-

While visiting my family in Fargo, I was 'hired' by my sister to get some pictures of sweet Inga grace.  I am pretty sure she hired me because I had the best prices in town.

Although I have been struggling a lot with photography lately… I am glad Angie had enough confidence in me to let me do this.

I learned quite a bit about myself and my abilities… and I am fairly certain I will never be a professional photographer!  Those guys have patience!  And talent!  And the ability to tell between 100 ISO and 1600 ISO.

I think I am never taking my camera off 100 ISO again.

I cant tell you how many pictures I ruined with my lack of experience!

Ah well.

Live and learn right?

Hey!  That gives me an idea… would anyone be willing to share their favorite photography website or blog??  I'd love to see what inspires you!

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• The imPerfect Housewife says:

Amanda girl – you take some good pictures!!! My camera is just the pits and I keep hinting that a new one would SURE be nice. ha ha That picture of your niece in the grass sitting in that black and blue tu-tu is precious – what great treasures! Way to go ~ ♥

• Katie says:

Well, I think they looks awesome!! And your subject is adorable!!

• love lives in the kitchen says:

hello! i’m so happy to meet you! thank you for visiting love lives in the kitchen! i’m glad that you are my follower!
    your blog is lovely. i love the pictures sooo much!
    will definitely come back here!
    have a great weekend!
    justyna

• Sonya says:

I think these pictures look great. 🙂 And the way that you learn is by trial and error!

• Stephanie says:

Amanda,
    I know you are already familiar with I Heart Faces, but I also like these as well:
    and

• Laura says:

She is SO adorable!! The pictures are all great, I would hire you. 🙂

• Jessica says:

OHMIGOSH she is gorgeous and your photos are wonderful!

• carma says:

what are you talkin’ bout – your photography is always stunning..
    As you can tell from my blog photos, I use a professional point-and-shoot and I could be using ISO 250,000 for all I know. Oh, and it makes my nose look really big in photos.
    If those fancy cameras can prevent ‘big nose’ – I may need to splurge.
    Have a spectacular weekend 😀

• Heather O says:

I like HA! Photography in Orlando, she mainly does weddings. http://www.heatherahrens.net/
    However, she took photos of our family a few months ago.
    Also, Scott Cook Photography.
    Check them out!
    Heather

• He & Me + 3 says:

Awesome pictures Amanda. You are so great & talented. you do have an eye for capturing the emotion and the story behind the picture. You did a beautiful job. Love the editing too. Gorgeous.

• abby says:

They’re beautiful photos!!
    And those veggies in the last post….amazing. It all looks so precise and lovely and something I would not have near enough patience for, but am glad someone does!

• Susan says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I read the post you mentioned (about 1st child/3rd child), & it was so funny & just about how it is for most moms!
    Love your blog & your photography! Don’t sell yourself short…these photos are great!! Such a cutie for your ‘model’, too!
    Stop back by anytime!
    Susan

• Molly says:

I think you’re totally amazing and have an unbelievable talent…and that you should be a professional photographer!! Great pictures! You are so talented:) I think Inga is such an adorable girl!!!

• zeemaid says:

really? cause I think this photos are amazing. You obviously think out of the box.
    Thank you so much for commenting on my site and leaving words of encouragement re my design. :0)

• Jenny says:

now that’s a girlie girl 🙂
    nice job!

• Amanda says:

Great pictures and quotes! Thanks for visiting my blog. I live in MN too, it’s always fun to fine other bloggers nearby:)

• Kevin McGinty says:

Hey. Just thought I’d stop by to say hi. And to maybe find out who you were.
    It’s funny, you talk about ruined pictures. Oh, the stories I could tell. Ever since I was a young man, I wanted to be a photographer. And I would have made a good one if it weren’t for the fact that I sucked at it.
    Oh well, that’s why I write.

• Jennifer says:

Your pictures are amazing… so beautiful! And what an adorable subject you had to work with!!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment… I do the ‘a glimpse’ post every Sunday… stop by again and leave your link! 🙂

• Jamie Lee says:

Hi Amanda,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. These photographs that you have on here are beautiful. They all look so thoughtful.
    Enjoy your weekend!

• Sunshine Mama says:

I understand your frustration with all those settings, but like one of the above commenters said, “What Are you talking about?” You do take great pictures.
    Your photographs do set you apart. This is very true. I’m sure it’s like anything, it will take time to figure out those settings…don’t let yourself get overwhelmed if it’s something you want to learn. Learn one little piece of it at a time. What’s the rush?
    That first shot of her was darling.Pretty green eyes.

• Kristin Smith says:

I think your photos are beautiful…professional or not – you have an eye for the right shot! Thanks for sharing!
    Kristin

• Christina says:

Love these pictures! Your sister did a smart thing “hiring” you! My favorite is her looking over the fence in her blue tutu.
    So cute!

• Shelly says:

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my place. I dabble in photography too (my dad is a pro)
    I spent 2 years as an “amateur” building my business and was always pleasantly surprised but there is NO way I’d do it as a real job 🙂 I hear ya!
    I finally went and sold all my equipment last year and downsized to a nice little point and shoot. I miss it, but I’m back to the basics again! 🙂

• Tina Fisher says:

Ilove the pics! I think they are just great! I am dtermined to learn how to take better photos!
    I have used Joe McDoald http://www.mcdonaldsstudio.com/ for the kids 1 year photos and really liked them. I will have him do Sophie as well. Mostly b/c I think of it as a photo & art and feel to use somebody else would be so totally different. I have the pics all on one wall so it would look funny so different. I say this b/c I think what really cathes my eye these days has changed from what did 2 years ago.

• Jenay says:

Ok, I amy be losing it but are you the same amanda that i worked with at chili’s 100years ago??? I am a children’s photographer and also a friend of Ria’s. I live in the cities now. Let me know if I’ve lost it,but you look just like her.

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...