The Coffee That Saved My Marriage

filed under: Miscellaneous on September 8, 2011

I might be exaggerating slightly.  Ok, a lot.  But its good coffee.  Read on my friend.

Something I am constantly thinking about is how I can better feed my family.

My goal is to have a 100% organic and natural diet.  Right now we are at about 50% and I am in a constant learning process about how to improve upon that… all while on a budget.

Now, I don’t feed my kids coffee, but I am nursing, and therefore what I eat, my baby eats.

So you can image how excited I was to find out that Green Mountain Coffee offered Fair Trade and Organic K-Cups Portion Packs. They even offer decaffeinated options!

Yippe!  I can drink coffee again!

We were lucky enough to get this beautiful Keurig machine.

IMG_6226.coffee

I gotta tell ya.  Its the perfect compliment to any marriage.

He likes deep rich bold flavors, I prefer light vanilla-y decaffeinated flavors.

And we can both get exactly what we want with little to no effort.

Since I was already doing research on what organic products they offered, I dug a little deeper about what ‘Fair Trade’ meant.

Here is the dumbed-down version according to i am mommy. Er, me.

When a product is labeled Fair Trade it means that the farms it came from have been certified to provide fair wages and safe working conditions.

I can totally get behind that!

IMG_6196.coffee

And since Green Mountain Coffee is dedicated to offering Fair Trade products (and were even pioneers as they were one of the first companies to sign on with Fair Trade USA), I think I can easily be dedicated to supporting them through my morning coffee addiction.

Bonus perk!  If you visit Green Mountain Coffee’s facebook page, you can get free samples and coupons for their quality products.

Support global fairness of product and people through drinking the delicious morning brew that Green Mountain Coffee provides?  I’d say that’s a win-win situation.

Oh, and just cause I want you to know how I drink my coffee in the morning, here is this little diddy.

IMG_6232.coffee

Yeah.  I’m a feather ruffler.

Comments

• luckylifepath22 says:

my favorite cup is one of a pair: i have the lined paper themed one and my boyfriend has the graph paper one!

• Cori Westphal says:

I have a super favorite coffee cup! It’s actually a stainless travel mug, so it keep my coffee hot and delicious whether I’m on the run or just chillin at home!
    coriwestphal at msn dot com

• Cori Westphal says:

Tweet: http://twitter.com/coriwestphal/statuses/117050892380942336
    coriwestphal at msn dot com

• Allison says:

My favorite mug has Texas wild flowers on it! I got it at walmart and love it!

• Bethany says:

My favorite is an orange mug from Rainforest Cafe that I got 6 years ago! It feels really sturdy, just the perfect weight, it fits nicely in my hands. I will be so sad when it breaks.

• LINDA says:

My favorite is one my cousin gave me a few years ago. Has a chip in it, but I still use it all the time.

• Andrea*B says:

My husband and I gift each other with memorable coffee cups, but my favorite is one I got myself in the Phoenix airport coming home from a week long getaway of solitude and mixed media art classes.
    It’s yellow with orange letters that say “Arizona” with a cactus. Not one of my more artsy mugs BUT its the perfect size, the perfect handle I love holding it with both hands when its warm…(is this getting weird or what) AND it always pulls at my creative heartstrings reminding me of the fun I had. A lot for one little mug…. :0)

• Sally Armstrong says:

We have LOTS of coffee cups at our house and I love the Starbucks mugs that we have collected from various cities around the world. It makes me happy 🙂
    Thanks!
    [email protected]

• Kyona says:

I like breakfast blend

• Shannon Dagesse says:

my favorite coffee cup is actually a travel mug that I got when I went hiking in Franconia Notch, NH It is silver and says Franconia Notch. Reminds me of the great time me and my girls had

• Julie U says:

Love my purple Winnie the Pooh mug

• Jennifer says:

I’m not a coffee drinker but my husband is! His favorite mug has Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas on it :).

• Marinda Sherman says:

It’s the white one with the heart balloons and I gave it to my husband on Valentines day, but snag it whenever I can.

• Carolyn in NC says:

Favorite morning mug is a snowman mug that I use year-round. I also have one that Chocoholics Anonymous on the occasion my favorite is still dirty in the dishwasher.
    Carolyn in NC

• Stacy says:

I have an oversized mug that was handmade by a friend of mine that is my favorite. She moved to Oregon (I live in FL) so I can drink from it and feel like she is close instead of on the other side of the country.

• justin castillo says:

My favorite coffee cup is red.

• justin castillo says:

spacebarshift at gmail dot com

• Maria says:

I do have a favorite cup. It has has a few blue rings going around the top and it’s not too big or too small.

• Sandra O says:

Yes, I have a favorite coffee cup- a huge one that probably holds two cups!

• Jill L says:

Yes, I definitely have a favorite cup!!! I wash it out after every cup so that it will be clean for next time.

• Miranda says:

Oh yeah, as a native Vermonter the only coffee I allow in this house is Green Mountain. It’s DELISH. My fave is the Vermont Country Blend.

• Miranda @ The Pinterest Project says:

• Cathi says:

I actually have 8 favorite coffee cups…the pure white, simple mugs I received from my wedding registry! I just love the look of a simple white cup filled with delicious coffee.

• Comments are closed.