I Could Use a Prayer

filed under: Miscellaneous on March 4, 2011

I hate to do this… but I am desperate.

I recently told you about this tooth thing… turns out it was so bad that my dentist felt we should remove it.  I was fully on board with that and this past Monday they did.

Last night I was in extreme pain again.

When a tooth is removed, a blood clot naturally forms in the wound.  If that blood clots falls out, it is called dry socket.  I looked at the wound and sure enough, there is no blood clot there.

I have been researching it this morning and people seem to equate the pain of dry socket as worse then the actual tooth ache.

I cant even tell anymore.  I just know that my whole side of my face hurts… my ear hurts, my head hurts, and my mouth hurts.

I am just so mentally defeated by this consistent pain… I could really, really use a prayer.

Please pray for quick healing and pain relief.  I honestly feel terrible even asking for prayers because there are so many other more important things we could all be praying for… but I just dont know what to do anymore.

Thank you so much for considering it!

UPDATED:

I have been using clove oil and acetaminophen (once this morning) and doing a regular rinse of salt water. It has helped.  But mostly… I have FELT the prayer!  THANK YOU so much for taking a moment of your life (because I know you are busy!!) to offer up a prayer.  I cannot tell you what it has meant to me today!!  Thank you SO much… please, please let me know when I can return the favor!

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• tai says:

You poor thing! How miserable! Sending prayers your way!

• Dessert Darling says:

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear it!!! One never really appreciates her great health until it is taken away. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!
    Where are you located?? I recently had a window slam on my finger and it took my whole nail off and broke the bone. SERIOUS pain. A “Body Talk” practitioner did some work on me and within an hour the pain was gone. I couldn’t BELIEVE it.!!! This is the person I saw
    She can sometimes work on people remotely (I know, so bizzar), or she might be able to recommend someone in your area. It’s all natural 🙂
    Good luck with it!!!

• SMITH BITES says:

am praying Amanda!!

• Christine says:

Dear Amanda,
    I prayed for you, too!
    Greetings from Italy…

• Linda says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your pain and sending a prayer for quick healing.

• Reeve says:

Oh my goodness – I will be praying! I had my wisdom teeth taken out in November and miracelously survived and didn’t get dry socket, but my brother did (and I’m sorry to say his lasted for a month – I’m SURE it won’t be that long for you. He didn’t take good care of his mouth) and I know how painful it was for him and how it influences everything you do – praying for speedy recovery!!

• Olga says:

Dios te bendiga a ti y tu familia, orare por ti

• Judy Moyer says:

Oh man. Dry sockets HURT HURT HURT! I am so sorry this is happening to you. Prayers are on the way but you need to call the dentist or oral surgeon who pulled your tooth. Bless you!

• mindy says:

I have had a dry socket and I am a-prayin’!! Two lessons I have learned in life:
    1) Our problems are OUR problems. They are what is big TO US at that time, and no one else’s problems can trump ours. They are all still problems.
    2) If it is important to you, it is important to God. He loves us all, and He wants to help us, no matter what it is.
    Still a-prayin’!!

• Jenney says:

I’m so sorry Amanda! Saying a prayer right now.

• Bethany says:

Yuck! I just had my wisdom teeth out and was so worried about dry socket. If you haven’t gotten in to your dentist try clove oil. My sister had dry socket and that helped her. Your dentist can help and the pain relief begins almost immediately.
    I’m praying!

• Paula says:

Feel so badly for you Amanda. Praying that you find relief. Glad to see that some none-medicated options have been listed here in some of your comments. Hopefully you are able to try them and praying that they work.

• Simply Dawn says:

OhAmanda! So sorry about the dry socket, nasty business! Praying that the homeopathics continue to work and that you are healed up quickly!

• Janmary, N Ireland says:

Praying for you!
    So sorry you are suffering …. I once had a dry bone socket …… most hid-E-ous pain EVER!
    Hope you get some relief soon.

• Jamie says:

So sorry! Said a prayer just for you. Praying that the pain goes away quickly!

• Jamie @ Six Bricks High says:

So sorry! Said a prayer just for you. Praying that the pain goes away quickly!

• Aimee says:

Toothaches are the WORST! Sending prayers (and hugs too) your way. Hope you start feeling better soon.

• SweetSugarBelle says:

Prayers going up. I hope you feel better.

• Joy says:

Just now getting this, but praying for there to be no pain tonight while you sleep.

• Judith Norman says:

I pray get well soon and that you and your family are continuously blessed.♥

• Mary C. says:

I hope you are feeling better this morning! I will still say a prayer today for quick healing of your tooth (or socket!)

• Kara Chavis says:

I just found this blog from your other blog, which I also just found this morning. Loving your “Child of God” headline too! I might be a little late in getting it sent up for ya’ since you posted the request yesterday, but I’m praying for you none the less.

• Katie says:

I once had two dry sockets at the same time (didn’t listen to the dentist and sucked out of a straw). I will tell you, I would much rather go through labor times 2 than to go through that pain again. I promise the pain will subside soon. I kept wash clothes heated in the microwave for 20 seconds on both sides of my mouth and acouple of ALEVE’s (Anti-inflamitory)in me and I was blessed with comfort. Hoping and praying relief finds it’s way to you soon.
    Take care,
    Katie

• Rowaida Flayhan says:

I hope you will fell better Amanda, I am praying for you.

• katie says:

oh my word Amanda, I know how a dry socket can feel and being pregnant you can’t really take any super effective pain meds…*HUGS*
    Have you been back to the dentist to have it packed? I had to go back 3 times within a week and have the socket packed..I think they just pack it with gauze soaked in clove oil because it didn’t taste fantastic but in the end helped out a ton!
    Best of luck!!

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...