Its All About You You Know

filed under: Miscellaneous on December 8, 2009

I got to look at these sweet faces all day long today.

IMG_3678.hannahluke

IMG_3664.luke

This picture was taken a few minutes before Hannah and Lukes mom arrived… he had been sitting by the Christmas tree and looking out the window, contemplating the complexities of life.

Either that or just missing his mommy.

***

My little Audrey is learning how to walk, and is really good at pulling herself up.  She usually uses my jeans or the couch or the wall, but today I threw on some shorts while we were hanging out playing at home.  I think Audrey must have 'de-pantsed' me like 5 times.

Usually I was frosting a cookie for holding baby Luke or pouring some milk so I would be standing there au' natural for a few moments.

Getting 'de-pantsed' by your almost one year old is a humbling thing.

***

Just gotta say thanks for all the great comments lately… you ladies are keeping me sane!!  And your similar stories and always appreciated advice usually has me laughing out loud at my computer or nodding my head in agreement!

So thank you.

And be on the lookout this week for a "Commenters Appreciation" post!  I cant wait any longer… you all are just too precious to me!

Oh, and of course be on the lookout for cookies.  Lots and lots of cookies. 😉

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Tina Fisher says:

Aren’t those some sweet faces! I love it!
    I love your photography too! Can you learn me?

• denise says:

i’m back…just reading through some older posts and realized how much i miss you and wish i hadn’t chosen to be a part of nablopomo which resulted in meaningless posts and not staying connected with bloggers like you whose words i so value…and i missed getting sea and story in as cutest kids…oh well, i’m hoping this comment goes through since i had some trouble a couple times before…no commenter appreciation for me but just wanted to let you know how much i appreciate you…

• Sarah Robbins says:

That is so funny about the pulling up! That last picture turned out awesome! I love what you did to the eyes.

• Jessica says:

Your kids are so beautiful!

• Dea says:

Great job with the pictures!!!! Hes got such blue eyes! And gotta love the depansing story..at least you werent in public!! My sister ripped her pants at school somehow…they had to give her a big shirt so that it covered the big slit on her butt! haha. Cant wait to see more cookies…they inspire me to try and be a baker! (I dont know if thats a good or bad thing lol)

• He & Me + 3 says:

Very cute pictures…you got depantsed…LOL too funny. Maybe it is really because you lost all that weight from shredding. Hmmm?

• Kristin says:

De-pants! I love that word. And it’s happened to me, too, so I can relate. 🙂
    Cookies. I love that word, too.

• Holly Neaton says:

Love the photos. I love up-close photos of little ones! God bless – Holly

• Amanda Rettke says:

Girl… those are my hubbys cousins kids! 😉

• Amanda Rettke says:

Oh Mimi… I WISH!!!  I have gained 5 pounds since I havent been shredding… but I feel like I have gained 50!

• Londa says:

Such cute pictures! That’s one lucky mom to drop off her kids and get cute pictures in return! I almost had the depantsing happen in front of my entire neighborhood today as I was shoveling in my pajama pants (I know, get dressed for goodness sakes!) and they came untied and started sliding! Thank goodness for the feeling of a cold draft early on! 🙂

• Ruth says:

Awww… Remember these days well as they pass by all too quickly. *SIGH* Some days, but only some, I miss the baby moments. But I do love the stage my kids are at too. So much more independent, so much more confident and sure of themselves. It’s kinda nice not to have to get up to get them a drink, get them a snack. But I do miss the sweet baby days – but not the diapers, definitely not the diapers

• janis says:

I totally can relate to the whole depantsing issue – I have some super comfy but way too big pants (wore them at 9 months pg) that Lizzie has gotten ahold of pretty good – thankfully not yet in front of anyone else but the kids! 🙂
    Hope everyone is feeling better!

• Kari says:

Thanks for the smile…. Glad my kids haven’t figured out how to “de-pant” me. 🙂 Maybe it’s because my hips are so wide. LOL.
    Love the picture. I’m a huge fan of close ups of faces.
    Have a great evening!
    Blessings,
    kari

• Liz says:

If only I could taste the cookies through the screen!
    Thanks for the encouraging comment on my blog! 🙂 I am trying to fully trust Him!

• gianna says:

i haven’t commented for a while. i seemed to have gotten a little ill around here. but you are so talented. i almost called you again the other day, but after it took my computer like forever to turn ON, i decided that i could make it without calling you. but watch out. one of these days you will be getting a frantic call from this girl you have never heard before in your life and there will be screaming children in the background. when you hear that, you will know it’s ME!

• Michelle says:

I just love how you capture those baby faces. So precious!!
    Don’t know about the depantsing though. My kids had no interest in walking, so when I decided they were NOT going to kindergarten in a wheel chair was when I decided to make them get off the floor and start walking. They were not happy with me… either of them!! 🙂
    Have fun chasing your new almost walker!! YAY
    Have a great day… or you know… what’s left of it. I know, I know… it’s like almost 1 am there, but here it’s still Tuesday!
    Michelle

• Kami says:

How funny! It looks like a very active day in your house 🙂 You are a mighty amazing woman to have your children and more on top of that – talk about busy!!
    Cookies … mmmmmmmm, yes please! 🙂

• Christy says:

I want my photo’s to turn out like yours. I want all that beautiful natural light too! It’s been cloudy here for days, rain, rain, and more rain.
    ROFL on the depansing! hehe! BTDT!

• Amanda Rettke says:

lol  gianna… just dont be surprised if a frantic screaming mommy answers! 😉

• Amanda Sikes says:

Great post! I loved the pictures, and the pants story had me laughing at my computer. I can’t wait to see the cookie pictures. We have been doing tons of baking here too. I will be posting more cookie photos soon! Have a great day and enjoy those kids!

• Amanda Rettke says:

Well, I certainly dont have dainty hips myself! lol  If you can avoid it, thats a good thing!  Your pictures are beautiful Kari… you are really talented!

• Kristin Smith says:

Amanda
    You have to love when the kiddos keep you humble! I love when they either barge right in while I am in the bathroom or just sit outside the door and need to talk to me through the door. Can’t a girl have a few minutes of peace and privacy?! 🙂
    Another “snow” day for us today so I am off to do even more baking!! YEAH!!
    Blessings, Kristin

• Margaret says:

You get such good pictures of the kids…yours and others!
    I was depantsed by a “friend” at work once, when I had on some elastic banded comfy pants. She then made fun of my undies. Yeah, she’s still my friend, but I’m careful, you know?
    If you were dishing out cookies, I’m sure no one noticed your “humbling.” lol (I wouldn’t have, I love cookies.)

• Melissa T. says:

I heart cookies and those sweet faces…just try to keep your shorts on please:).

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...