Lets Face It. I am Weird.

filed under: I Am Mommy on October 9, 2012

I don’t like the movie You’ve Got Mail.  Every single time I watch it I think, “Why didn’t he just buy her shop with his gazillions of dollars???  Her shop was so cute!”

I cannot watch commercial’s.  People rue the day they let me near the remote.  Commercials are simply the time I catch up with the other show I was watching on a different channel.

I still say rue the day.

I have no aversion to popcorn ceilings.  Or ceiling fans.  Which basically means every designer on HGTV hates me.

Every time I read a new “ABC” alphabet book to my kids, right around the letter “M” I start to get massive anxiety about what they will do for “X”.

It sorta drives me a little bonkers when people eat string cheese, but not in strings.

I cringe every time I watch someone lick an envelope.  I am sure they are seconds away from the excruciating pain of a tongue paper cut and it terrifies me.

Whenever I write out recipes and I abbreviate baking soda I giggle to myself.  Why yes, I will have 1 teaspoon of BS thank you very much!

As far as my palette is concerned, Skor bars and Heath bars are basically the same thing.

I feel as if my day is spent hearing random loud thuds followed by a few tense seconds wondering if someone will start crying.

Its pretty much the awesomest day ever if I can answer one question right on Jeopardy.

Comments

• Corrie says:

what a fun/funny little post- I think I related, on a deeply personal level, to every single thing you mentioned!

• Kristen says:

You crack me up. And the string cheese thing bugs me too!

• CherylK says:

Ditto for me on the commercials and the string cheese. I’m a fanatic about the way my dishwasher is loaded. That’s weird, I think.

• TidyMom says:

oh don’t get me started on the little things that bug me! haha!!……….do NOT ever let me see you touch your belly button, or God forbid, touch mine! 😉 just incase you ever around me and have the urge! lol

• Amanda says:

OH my Word. I cant stop laughing!!! Best. Comment. Ever. Now I dont know if I could resist the urge to reach for your belly button! 😉 (KIDDING!)

• dominique says:

That is the WHOLE POINT of string cheese! Totally agree!

• Amanda Jo says:

Ethan eats his string cheese wrong ALL THE TIME. It makes me crazy. I stopped buying it for that reason and started buying the cubes and putting them in ziplocks.

Also, I cannot stand to cut through – or even think about cutting through – anything frozen. This goes for meats, rhubarb (yum!), desserts… you name it. It sends chills up my spine and gives me goosebumps! Oh, and if anyone else does it, it’ll send me out of the room quick! So weird.

• Aya B. says:

What!!!!!
    That was so funny….
    I don not eat string cheese like that all the time, Is That Wrong! lol

• Sue {munchkin munchies} says:

That’s why it’s called STRING cheese! You’re funny, Amanda:) One pet peeve for me is when people ride their bikes on the wrong side of the road and I am on the right side (of course)! It also bothers me when YOUR is written when it should be YOU’RE, and a few others involving punctuation:)

• Rachel @ Baked by Rachel says:

The part that made me laugh the most was the cheese. It’s string cheese for a reason!

• Kylee says:

As an Aussie, the Aussie v British accent hurts me. Like, really hurts.

*wilfully bites string cheese* Ha!

Oh wait… we don’t really have string cheese here lol

• Amanda says:

Sorry! Was never my intent to hurt anyone. Although I can certainly understand where you are coming from. I was raised in Fargo, ND and there is a specific accent that is associated with less than smart people. People often mock my accent! And while I was in NO WAY mocking yours, I can understand how ignorance can be frustrating. Forgive me!

• Kylee says:

I was just teasing!

And… sometimes… I can’t tell if someone is Canadian or American.

We all have our guilty secrets 😉

• Lesley says:

As an English person, calling me british bothers me. After all, you don’t call Scottish or Welsh people british you call them Scots or Welsh. And as for confusing me for an Aussie! Aussies are lovely people but they’re not the same as us! I think they will agree.
    While we are on quirkiness I could go on forever….LOL!

• Amanda says:

Oh dear! Seriously did not mean to offend. Please just accept that its my own inability to properly refer to and distinguish certain accents.

• brenda says:

oh dear at least now I have company and maybe we are not that weird. maybe THEY are the weird ones??

• Laura | The Velvet Doe says:

Haha! Great post! I wonder if you heard my voice if you’d think I’m Aussie or English {British}? What a fun experiment that would be 🙂 xx

• darcy says:

ok we would either hate each or love each other . . . this is TOTALLY me!! are you a wisconsin girl by chance? 🙂

• Amanda says:

Pretty close… MN! 🙂

• I am so with you on the string cheese thing!

OK, I’ll confess (one of !) my quirky weird behaviors. It drives me nuts to see towels folded inside-out, and I will always re-fold them.
    And it bugs me when toilet paper is put on backwards.
    And – oh, wait! I was only going to say one thing. 😉

• Stephanie says:

Yes! The envelope licking! Makes me cringe every. single. time. And I don’t like You’ve Got Mail either. Or commercials. But I can’t STAND popcorn ceilings.

Haha.

Thanks for that.

• Tamboliya says:

You are AWEsome! 🙂 Thanks for helping me to smile and thanks for being uniquely you. 🙂 You are way cool. 🙂 LOL Have a great day! 🙂

• Londa says:

Man, I love that you’re “you” and that you can make me laugh hysterically while staring at my phone in an awkwardly quiet room!

• Jen @ Savory Simple says:

Oh man, I have so many pet peeves I wouldn’t know where to start!

• Gianna says:

You are just like me! I can SOOOOO related! Especially about the loud thuds and tense seconds! You make me laugh, my friend!

• Charul @ Tadka Masala says:

I am right with you on commercials. And alphabet book, I can’t even wait till M!
    And, envelope licking… ewww!!

It bugs me when someone pronounces my name wrong. Its C-H-A-R-U-L how hard can it be!
    I hate people who talk non-stop crap, I will turn around and walk away while you are talking kind of hate.

• Maria says:

hahaha! Love it! It makes me feel so much better, for some reason, when I learn some of someone else’s little bits of weird and they’re different than mine. (Maybe like we’re all kinda different and the same?) Anyway, thanks!

• Bethany says:

I love you! I was needing a laugh this morning and decided to hop over her. I love your whole baking self, but I miss this too! I still think my all time favorite post was the one you did on your bulletin board. Best rock out hand sketch ever! Hope your blessed.

• Bethany says: