Mind Over Matter

filed under: Miscellaneous on September 15, 2010

First off, I cannot go one more second without telling you how awesome you are.  Not only were your comments and emails so supportive and encouraging, but you offered up the most precious thing I know in this world.

Prayers.

And I can I just tell you, the day I posted on my blog my news, I had to walk away from the computer soon after.  (I literally feel like I am trying to read a computer that is sitting on the side of the road as I am driving by at 60 miles an hour)

But something changed in me that day.

Thanks to your prayers… that day I had energy!

I vacuumed my house.  I made my family dinner.  I smiled and laughed with my kids.

All thanks to you… your amazing thoughts and prayers sure blessed me!

And now back to my reality.

"Morning Sickness" still plagues me and I am so hoping it will end.  I am almost 12 weeks along now and am just praying this is a first trimester phase.

Also… and here is the tough part… today is day five of being a single parent.  No, Chad didnt leave me.  Well, not permanently anyway… he did leave for a fifteen day elk hunting trip in Idaho.

If he were to get an elk that would be such a blessing to our family… we would have meat for a year!  Although the kids and I miss him dearly, we are proud of him for going out to 'hunt and gather'!

So, on top of everything, I am taking care of three kids, two dogs, a garden, a house, and potentially even a family of snakes in my back yard.

Hence the blog title… Mind Over Matter.  I have to force myself to do the things that need to be done.

IMG_3349.stamp

Like mow the lawn and rake the leaves.  Thank goodness the weather has been ideal for this.

But, my poor yet blissfully ignorant children have been subjected to a few new situations as of late.

• I am suddenly obsessed with fish and we have had it for three meals this week.
  • Audrey is on a nap time and bed time schedule, which is a first for this family.  Everyday at 11:30 she naps and every night at 8:00pm she goes to bed.  She loves it and is thriving on it.  I love it and am thriving on it as I now get to lay down at 11:30 and begin to get ready for bed at 8:00.
  • Where as mommy used to demand equal computer time, the boys have had so much that they have now conquered PBS kids and Starfall and are begging for a new computer challenge. They are five and three. I might have to invest in a new program or something.
  • Colton actually told me he cant play in his room because its too messy.  My mom guilt kicked in and I decided I MUST put away the five baskets of clean clothes taking up the entire floor.  Of course, I decided that last Saturday.
  • Parker actually asked me to take a picture of him.  It had been two weeks.  Prior to this pregnancy I went nary a day without stalking him with my camera.

For those that have asked, I believe I am due the first week in April.  I dont actually have a doctor as of yet, and dont know who my doctor is going to be so I dont know for sure, but I am hoping to figure that out soon!

Someone also asked, how did you write your last post if you get so sick?  Well, I sorta just forced myself.  Like with this one.  I am lonely.  And needed to talk.  And this took me about five days to complete.  Wish I was kidding.

I am going to try to head out to Fargo this weekend and see my family.  It would be nice to have a little help, and they are more then willing to do that!  Just hope the four hour drive goes well!

Thank you again for your prayers… you have no idea just how much they have blessed me!

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Becki D says:

hee hee you’re going to Fargo! Can I just tell you that the first time I heard your voice on a Vlog, the movie Fargo is of course what I thought of? OK, thanks for letting me get that outta my system.
    Speaking of vlogs, you are such a trooper for doing yesterday’s vlog! It was clear that it was not an easy task for you…don’t know how you filled that whole NC cookie order – you go, Manda!
    We miss you round these here internets….

• Paula says:

Glad that you are feeling up to a road trip and hoping all goes well. A change is as good as a rest so they say.
    In addition to PBS Kids there are some other great on-line learning sites for kids.
    Really hope that you are able to find a good Doctor, soon.
    Take good care and safe travels if you go home this weekend.

• Queen Mommy says:

I was sick like that when I was pregnant with my first. Between the piling and needing to shower while sitting down (due to severe dizziness), I don’t know how I ever made it into my 2nd trimester! It does eventually get easier though. And, you do gain back all the weight you throw up…and then some. 🙂 hope the next few days goes quickly for you and your volatile stomach gives you a break soon!

• Crystal G. says:

Hang in there friend. 🙂 Wish we were closer…I’d love to help out.
    P.S. I’m supremely jealous…lol! I’d love to have another baby but it’s not in our cards right now. There’s no way I could fit another kiddo in the minivan.
    Alas…my bestie just had a baby a few days ago. I’ll be traveling with my kid 1 and kid 3 to go visit and snuggle him. 🙂

• Renee says:

To bad you are not closer, I’d be glad to help ya out. It would be nice to help and visit 🙂 Don’t over do it, rest when ya can 🙂 Its sooooo worth it!

• Kara C. says:

For another free computer game- Riley loves WordWorld, and thus loves the games too!
    I am not working for them either 🙂
    Hope you feel better!

• Kellyn says:

I may have to check out all those sites! Boo is always looking for new games to play.
    So glad you are getting a bit better, that you have had some energy!!

• Amy K says:

Oh Dear Amanda….so good to “hear” from you! You are strong, and you’re going to get through this early pregnancy struggle. I’m sorry that your husband is gone, but glad to hear you’ll be surrounded by family this weekend.
    Continued prayers for relief, good health, and strength. Take good care of yourself and those cute kiddos.
    Blessings to you all….

• Stephanie says:

So glad you are feeling a little better! Be assured of my many thoughts and prayers! 🙂

• Jessica @ How Sweet says:

15 days! Bless your soul. I hope I am half the mother someday that you are Amanda!

• tammy says:

Oh Amanda my prayers have been with you. I sincerely and honestly want you to know that if you need anything at all you know where you can find me. You are and amazingly strong woman. 15 days…..wow, I only have two children which are in school all day and I think I would have a hard time with that. But being a hunters wife also, I feel for you. I will continue to pray for you. I’m sorry did you say SNAKES in your backyard eeeehhhhh…….

• mindy says:

It is all just so exciting! Even those first super exciting few weeks of pregnancy, it is so fun. I miss it terribly.. You know you have a friend in Utah praying for you and praying that your second and third trimesters will be a better kind of fun.
    (So cannot wait to hear what you are having!)

• cara says:

I hope you can make the 4 hour trip! Just for you to get some time with them! Lots of prayers for you and your family and praying that your husband gets an elk too!

• CFMama says:

OMG did I miss an announcement!!??!?! Congrats!

• Ruth says:

Hello there again! Nice to see you in blog world dispite your thing for speeding by the computer at 60 mph! 🙂
    I do pray that this will be only a first trimester thing, I can’t even imagine (really, I can’t because thankfully I didn’t get sick with my two), but that doesn’t stop me from feeling bad for you. Have fun with your family!

• carma says:

you’ve done waaaay more than I’ve been doing and I am not pregnant and only have one kids and no pets….
    BTW, please check the kind of fish you are eating for the Mercury content. (not to be a debbie downer- just want you to be careful 🙂 )

• Reeve says:

Oh boy, God’s strength to you throughout whatever challenges and situations arise in these next days, especially without your husband around! I know you can do it with His arm wrapped around your shoulder.
    I also am in awe of how you provide me with reading material including humor, as you lie dying (well, actually the quite opposite, but you know what I mean :D)! My LOVE to you!

• Kristin Smith says:

You have been on my mind a lot dear friend…I get encouraged when I see you post on your baking blog and hope that means you have some energy/non sickness to have some things “normal”. I feel your pain about the “single mom” deal…my 6 month “journey” starts in 2 weeks and part of me is freaking out….thankfully my hubby will only be a few hours away and really could come home any time I need and every weekend….but I worry about the lonliness at night time too. I will need all the prayers I can get during this time too! God hears them I know and just that alone gives me a sense of peace!!
    Take good care of yourself and more prayers are coming your way!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Kristin

• janmary, n ireland says:

More hugs! Still so excited for you, and hope the sickness passes.
    Even if you feel alone, you know you never are 🙂
    God bless – you AND your bump.

• aimee says:

Hang in there!! I’m hoping that your husband is successful on his hunting trip, and that you get some much-needed down time with your family ~ you are in my prayers!! : )
    Aimee @justkiddingaroundatlanta

• bridget {bake at 350} says:

Praying that 4 hour car ride goes well. 🙂 You are a trooper…I have one, ONE!, Amanda…and I thought dealing w/ morning…I mean all-day…sickness was hard. Thinking good, restful, tummy-settling, baby-growing thoughts for you. ♥

• Joy Ellis says:

Lots of *hugs* for you!!! Praying the morning sickness passes soon and you are all back to normal!! Wish I was nearby, I would come and help you out!

• janis says:

Hang in there friend! I wish I was closer so I could help more! For sure praying for you!!! If there is more I can do please let me know! Hoping that as you enter the second trimester that things will be much better!
    Will also be praying your hubby gets an Elk! What a blessing to have that with a growing family! 🙂
    If your kids are into Disney have them try http://www.playhousedisney.com. Bekah loves it and could spend hours playing the games, singing the songs and watching the videos! 🙂
    God Bless

• Karen@SurvivingMotherhood says:

Ah, yes. In the midst of the ‘stuff’ God is there – ready to encourage and comfort and lift us up. And sometimes He uses the words of mere people to do those things for us. So glad things are looking up for you.
    That’s it! Keep looking UP, and you’re going to be just fine.
    Love you!

• Katie says:

Oh Amanda! Congratulations!
    I haven’t been reading “i am mommy” for some time now because i’ve been in your same boat! I’ve updated my blog once this summer, did not bake a single thing because the thought of sweets made me throw up, and my 5 yr old knows the insides and outs of PBS kids so well (All I can say is thank goodness for the new cat in the hat games)
    I am 12 weeks pregnant and my terrible morning sickness has just started to pass
    in the last week or so. I had never been so sick in my life, and this pregnancy has been nothing like the last two. My house has been a disaster and my family has eaten more Mcdonald’s and frozen pizzas in the last 2 months than I’d care to admit! It would come on so quickly that my kids would stand at the bathroom door watching me get sick and then I caught my 2 year old in the bathroom mimicking my wretching in the toilet…not a proud mommy moment (but I so wish I could have caught it on film! lol)
    Hang in there mommy, what a wonderful blessing!
    Big Hugs!
    Katie (due March 21st)

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...