My Baby Was Attacked By the Momarazzi

filed under: Miscellaneous on January 10, 2010

Did you know…

…that this is my 500th post with typepad? (I had another blog previous to this one)

…that I had my photographerMAMA workshop this weekend?

…that you are going to be inundated with pictures on my blog from now on so if you thought you had seen enough of my kids before you might as well hit delete now cause its only gonna get worse.

I just have to say it.

rialee's photography class is awesome.

I learned SO much.  I dont know how she did it!

I have been trying to figure out aperture and shutter speed for a YEAR now.

I took a class at my local community college.  I read everything Pioneer Women wrote on the subject.  I did research and read blog after blog on how to figure out my cameras settings.

But nothing ever clicked.

Until this weekend.

It took place over two days.  Friday night was the business end… where I met all the other sweet ladies signed up and where we went over all the settings and what kinds of camera we had and all that fun stuff.

There was a gift bag and beverages and snacks.

IMG_5541.ria

IMG_5545.class

Yes.  You are seeing that correctly.  Her water bottles are customized.  So simple.  So gorgeous.  Just like everything in the studio.

IMG_5546.class

The couch in the lobby.  Aren't those pillows precious?

Saturday was the big day.  Ria had models come in and we were able to put into place all of the tips and tricks we learned.

IMG_5594.class

(this gorgeous girl belongs to Jamie, one of the moms taking the class, who just happens to be an awesome photographer herself!)

First Ria would get the models all set up and then take a few pictures, let us know what her camera settings were, then let us loose.

It was a mom-a-razzi in the truest sense of the word.

IMG_5618.class

Yes.  I know.  What is wrong with me?  Why am I taking pictures of other moms taking pictures?

IMG_5641.class

Look at this gorgeous little angel.  She was the perfect model… she didn't move or bat an eyelash for five minutes straight!

IMG_5656.class

I love this shot.

IMG_5647.class

She made our jobs very easy.

IMG_5665.class

Here is Ria and my little Audrey.

IMG_5673.class

Ria's studio is a photographers dream… amazing lighting and beautiful brick walls and gorgeous props.  I did not want to leave!

IMG_5776.inga2

My niece Inga… remember the photo shoot that brought me to Ria in the first place?

***

I cannot recommend this class enough.  I think I would actually do it again just to have the opportunity to shoot pictures in her amazing studio again!  The whole experience was fun and enlightening and amazing.  Starting this year, Ria is doing business classes, so if you want to turn your passion into a business, you should really check her out!

Thanks to Ria and all the ladies who laughed at my sad jokes and stories and made this experience such a wonderful one.  I miss you already!

Click here to see more awesome pictures… Colton and Parker got in on the fun too!  (and this set of pics just might contain my favorite picture of Parker ever!)

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Kate says:

Great pictures!
    You ooze talent, my friend 🙂

• Cop Mama says:

Yeah, it looks like you had a blast! Welcome back! How fun. I love how you took pictures of the non-models like the water bottle, gift bag, and pillows. You really told the whole story. That’s what I love about your posts!
    I can’t believe those babies sat there with all those cameras pointed at them. That’s amazing.

• Jo says:

Oh my gosh, how fun. Your sweet little one is just GORGEOUS!

• Cop Mama says:

Oh, and Audrey, what a sweetie. Look at those eyes! And the leggings, don’t get me started!

• He & Me + 3 says:

I am OFFICIALLY the most jealous person around. How fun for you! Way to go Amanda those shots are awesome! Share some secrets!
    Hugs,
    Mimi

• He & Me + 3 says:

Hugs,
    Mimi

• The Lumberjack's Wife says:

Ok, now I definitely want to take a photography class. I am clueless!

• Wendy says:

GREAT! now you can teach me. Lol.
    Wendy

• Ria says:

I’m totally stealing your photos and posting them on my blog! Love love love it… and tell me please.. did you use liquify on the photos with me in them? I look a little less “rolly” than usual!

• Jamie says:

You are good! How fun that must have been! I loved seeing your pictures before, but now I’m really looking forward to seeing pictures on your blog. And congrats on 500 posts.

• Jamie @ Six Bricks High says:

• Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} says:

I need a class like that!
    I just bought my first SLR camera, before Thursday, it’s just been me and my point and shoot canon. I have read lots about the one I bought, but now that it’s here and I have to try to remember all those details-well I’m struggling. Wish I could find a class like that near me:)
    Your photos look great!

• www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1359322570 says:

Absolutely gorgeous pics! I would love to take a class like that.

• BJ_Mama says:

Well, I’m definately NOT going anywhere! I LOVE your pics already! GIMME MORE!

• Susan says:

what fun you must have had!!! your daughter looks so adorable. i love how her cheeks are pink against her pretty porcelain skin tone. what a lovely match with that chair and that amazing lighting!!!

• Jessica says:

Ohmigosh so precious – I LOVE that pink hat!!

• Bethany says:

You are such an amazing and gracious woman. Your photos before were wonderful, I can’t wait to see what happens now!
    I love how you take on challenges head on and with confidence. Have a blast with your camera. (Isn’t understanding shutter speed and apeture EVERYTHING!)

• Michelle says:

Oh, I love it! I’m so glad you had a good time girl! And I saw the photo’s that Rialee posted on Facebook, absolutly gorgeous

• darcie says:

I should have come *home* to Fargo to do this class with you all – I love my SLR but have no clue what I’m doing with it – sometimes I get lucky – sometimes I don’t!
    Glad you had fun and learned alot – can’t wait to see what you can do with your camera!
    xxoo

• gianna says:

from what i know of you, you were always one to think outside the box. remember hauling your kids outside to take pictures of the explosion/fire?

• Darla says:

How fun!!! How far is Fargo from Mpls? Her pics look incredible! (so do yours!)

• Tina Fisher says:

How fun! I can’t wait to see & hear more!

• janis says:

Looks like a great time!!! The pics look great! 🙂 When are you setting up a room up there so I can bring my girls to you? 🙂
    God BLess
    Janis

• bridget {bake at 350} says:

Look at those models!!! I just have a point & shoot…I know I need to upgrade, but all of the F stop, aperture (?) has me confused already! 😉
    Sounds like a great class…and I love the pictures YOU took! You take great pics already!

• Alisa says:

How fun! Isn’t it a great feeling when you get control over your camera? Just remember to write everything down. Don’t get overconfident, your camera, as a machine, will feel that and try to take control back from you. lol
    Can’t wait to see all the great photos!

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...