My Dirty Little Secret

filed under: Miscellaneous on January 31, 2010

I have a dirty little secret.

And when I say dirty, I mean filthy.  Foul.  Obscene.  Offensive.

I need professional help with my dirty secret.

But I have to tell someone.  It cant go on any longer.

The silence must be broken.

This is my office.

IMG_7483.office

It is horrendous.  And I cant take it anymore.

IMG_7482.office

This might be hard to read.  It basically says JUNK.  EVERYWHERE.

So I spent some quality time next to a garbage can today.

Oh, and then I went and cleaned my office.

IMG_7494.office

Look what I found!

Space.  Lots and lots of usable space.  Happy Birthday to me!

IMG_7504.office

I just might even enjoy sitting at my desk now.

Do you have any spaces that could use a good before/after photo shoot?

Comments

• Christy says:

Oh girl I have 3 dirty little secrets…my bedroom, emma’s, and the boys…and there will be no pictures anytime soon! LOL

• Margaret says:

I am not as brave as you, and wouldn’t post a before and after pic of my desk. However, you’ve inspired me to at least clean mine up a little. lol
    I’m seeing “Happy Birtday” in some comments as I scrolled down…is it your birthday today? If so, may it be Happy Happy! (Or did I miss it?)
    ~M

• He & Me + 3 says:

Oh yes I do…but I hate to take that before picture. What a mess I have. Great job cleaning up your area! Love it.

• He & Me + 3 says:

• Christina says:

That looks eerily familiar…
    But the after picture is gorgeous!
    Very motivating…

• Tami says:

It looks great!! I need to figure something out in our office to organize, but haven’t got the chance yet…everything has a place but its to cluttered. Happy Birthday – Feb. is a great month!!

• Pineapple Princess says:

Happy birthday!
    Your space looks GREAT!
    I think we have a similar sense of humor. I also posted my own “Dirty Little Secret”…
    Enjoy your day!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Amy says:

Your space looks great! That must have felt good! Totally do the same little ‘secret’ to get rid of stuff….let it sit in front of you. Exactly what I do.
    I do have a couple places that could use a little before and after…slowly working on them.
    Happy birthday!

• Brianne says:

Whoa!!! Can you come do my house????

• Ruth says:

Yep, I got those spaces too, but I don’t think I’m ready to share them just yet ๐Ÿ™‚
    Happy Birthday!

• Amanda Sikes says:

I love that space! It is so white and clean and the boxes are an organizing women’s dream come true! Not that I would know or anything, wink! What an accomplishment. It feels great doesn’t it?

• Jen says:

lovely. just lovely. wanna come over to my place?! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• ClassiclyAmber says:

Yep!! My office is pretty much a disaster, too. It’s a huge disincentive to even come in here to get anything done. Somehow, I manage, but I don’t love it!
    I LOVE your newly cleaned out space!! It’s really nice with all the storage options you’ve got going on there. Love love!

• Mandi says:

Ok, it’s sad that I actually feel BETTER after seeing this post! I got this image of your house being all spotless and gorgeous, like in your baking photos, so seeing that you’re just like ME is a relief! lol! Actually, I just cleaned off my computer desk yesterday too – it MUST have been terrible cause even my husband commented on being able to see the desk again ๐Ÿ˜‰ I have a bad habit of keeping clutter and papers laying around.
    You did a great job (loved the “captions” on the photo ;))
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• Nancy says:

Sooooo….what time will be at my house to complete this MAJOR task here????
    I’ll be waiting!

• Cop Mama says:

Happy Birthday to YOU! Hey, who bakes YOU a cake??? I would but you would probably have a heart attack if you knew it was from a box! He he he.
    Don’t you love getting organized! What a fun birthday present. I hope you had a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

• Gen D'Orleans says:

so you mean i’m not the only one with a dirty lil secret? good to know…and perhaps i’ll get to my two dirty little secrets this week…mind if i borrow this idea?
    Gen

• Cate O'Malley says:

My office isn’t quite *that* bad, but it definitely needs a little bit of help. Your after picture looks great!

• Kristen says:

Um, yes, but … I’m not that brave.
    First time reader – love it!

• cheap dsi r4 says:

Hello
    After cleaning your desk,it looks really very nice.Well I am also similar like you and sometimes can’t clean my desk.I clean it in my free time..So it not your that much dirty secret.

• Amy says:

Ha! That is awesome! I myself have had some really messy rooms, but not anymore (yeah right). No, my bedroom is a perfect get-away (more like a hurricane). And my hallway is not filled with empty diaper boxes. Oh no…I am perfect. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Good job!!!!!

• gianna says:

I JUST read about you on MckMama’s post.
    How DO you have time to do all of that when you are the mama of 3? I think you NEVER sleep!
    oh, and happy birthday!

• annalea says:

hi! your office looks fantastic. great before and after. i might have 1 or 2 (read:4) of those spaces around my house. ๐Ÿ™‚
    just came across your blog – from not sure where – oh yeah, ohdeedoh and your rainbow pancakes. you are very funny and provide much needed solidarity in the world of christian sahmamas. thanks for sharing your life!

• Lisa says:

I need to know how long that took you to do??? You are amazing! It now looks lovely and organized. Although, even the before pictures had an element of loveliness…like a well lived-in space. Kudos, though, for tackling that job.
    Lisa

• Jenney says:

Oh I love it! I”ve missed reading your blog so much. I had several of those spaces, but they are currently all packed up in boxes awaiting the day they are unpacked and (maybe) organized in the new house!