1. How long had you been married at the time of the birth? 3 years
2. What were your reactions when you found out that you were pregnant? Joy joy joy joy joy We had had a miscarriage about 3 months prior, so this was such a blessing.
3. How old were you? 28
4. How did you find out that you were pregnant? Home test. I'm sorta addicted to taking them.
5. Who did you tell first? My husband. Then our folks.
6. Did you find out the sex? YES!
7. Due date? I don’t remember! Beginning February I think.
8. Did you deliver early or late? Early. I went in on January 31st to have the labor induced and went home on Feb. 1st because it was too much for baby. We decided to wait another week.
9. Did you have morning sickness? Yes. I had to quit my job because I couldn’t drive to work anymore without having to pull the car over and be sick. The nausea was terrible.
10. What did you crave? Ice Cream. Chocolate.
11. Who irritated you most? After baby was born some nurse came in to teach us how to give baby a bath. She would hold him and move him around and talk and giggle…all the while baby was screaming bloody murder!! I was livid and totally upset and kept trying to get her to hurry up and go so I could hold my baby and make him stop crying! It was awful. She just kept talking like nothing was happening. But, it was my first baby and I was a tad overly sensitive about it. J
12. What was this child's sex? Boy
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout your first pregnancy? I think about 40.
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I was borderline toxemic and slight pre-eclampsia.
15. Where did you give birth? Hospital in Wyoming, MN
16. How many hours were you in labor? Well, I labored about 2 days around Feb. 1st. (my b-day) The (induced) labor was too much for baby and his heart rate raced to dramatically so the inducement stopped and I went home. We went back and Colton was born on Feb. 7th.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Hubby
18. Who watched? Only my husband. I am not comfortable with the idea of spectators watching a birth.
Can you imagine your dad saying, “Hey, what’s that thing coming out of your vagina?” Just makes me queasy.
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? C–section
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Yes. I ended up having 3 epiderals. Two while I was there the first visit, one on the second.
21. How much did your baby weigh? I think he was 6 lb 7 oz.
22. What did you name your baby? Colton Chad
The nurse in the room told me that Colton was a terrible name. (I had just offered up our choices at that point)
Thank you Kristin for encouraging others to do their own birth story!
I am going to do Parkers fairly soon here.
Many blessings to you and yours-