Ode To The Moms. Kinda.

filed under: Miscellaneous on May 8, 2010

I really wanted to make a sweet little video to show all of the moms out there just how special and valuable you are!

What I managed to do was go on a 2 hour rant about something else that happened today.  Forgive the poor editing. (really, you will be thanking me for editing it down from 127 minutes to less then three) And forgive the blur.  I have no idea why this happens other then my camera is junk.

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} says:

SO FUNNY!!!!
    I love when you vlog!
    I love Samoa’s too. Coconut..need I say more, YUM!
    I love mint, one of my favorites is choc chip mint ice cream, and I too would be disappointed in the teeny tiny cookie they packaged, it’s not really an oreo in my book if it’s not filled with two cookies!
    I am still giggling over your vlog and how cute you are. Love your hair!!! Hope you have a wonderful mothers day-you deserve it!
    Oh and you know what they say if you want something done right you have to do it yourself…I see hints of a future cookie experiment coming 🙂

• Londa says:

Hilarious! I agree whole-heartedly with your disappointment! Oreo did *1* time have dipped mint oreos at Christmas! It was heavenly bliss! Samoas are my favorite too! Must be some sweet sisterhood with the ’77 girls!
    Happy Mother’s Day!

• Renee says:

I’m a thin mint fan, so I’d probably love those…but I’m not buying them, my fat rear doesn’t need anymore padding. Great vlog Amanda. My Aubrey watched it with me and she was telling you “Happy Mother’s Day!” 🙂

• min says:

I am so happy to learn that calories don’t count on mother’s day!! You have opened my eyes. I am personally a DOUBLE STUFF kinda girl. If there is no creme at all, I am despondent. Happy mother’s day to you you cute lady!

• Karen@SurvivingMotherhood says:

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!!
    I’m so proud of you for doing this, Amanda!
    I was smiling the whole way through. *grin*
    As for me, what are the peanut butter GS cookies called? Those are my faves. Er, can I really call them my favorites if I don’t know what they’re called?
    Whatever.
    Happy Mother’s Day!

• Paula says:

Thanks for my evening smile Amanda. You have got to be one of the most creative mothers out there. Have a wonderfully happy Mother’s Day with your family.

• Caroline says:

Samoas FTW! Happy Mothers Day!

• Elise says:

You just absolutely made my Mother’s Day!! I’m smiling and laughing and now… I really want a fudge-dipped mint oreo. Wish they made them.
    Happy Mother’s Day to you!! Thank you for all you do!

• Meera says:

What a great vblog. Happy Mother’s Day!

• Ruth says:

You crack me up! For the record the actual fudge covered mint Oreas are delicious, but I wouldn’t go for those thin mint knock offs. If you ever run across Mother’s Fudge N Mint cookies those are the best!

• janmary, n ireland says:

I too LOVE the Oreo, but here we only get the one variety – and I here the ones we get aren’t even the same as the ones sold in the US! – Apparently ours are sweeter, or yours are sweeter….can’t quite remember!
    Anyway, hope the debacle does not ruin your Mothers Day 🙂

• Janet says:

🙂 Happy Mother’s Day! I’m so glad to hear that calories don’t count today, because I just finished eating Greek pizza…for breakfast! yum! And I totally understand your displeasure with Oreo, I’d be disappointed, too. Actually, it resembles my aggravation when purchasing Nutter Butter Bites, I think the 100 calorie packs and also finding a wafer cookie. No peanut butter filling. Upon further investigation, I realized that they hadn’t falsely advertised, but I had ~assumed~ that a nutter butter was, well, a nutter butter. My bad! Have a good day anyway, and go get a REAL package of mint Oreos, and enjoy every one of them!

• ali @ an ordinary mom says:

Happy Mother’s Day!!

• cara says:

My husband also said the SAME THING about the fudge covered Oreos! He was so disappointed!

• Taylor says:

I am really glad calories don’t count on Mother’s Day! Phew! Color me relieved!

• Liz says:

Man you crack me up!! Hysterical!!

• Jessica says:

Happy Mother’s Day, beautiful!

• Kate says:

Happy Mother’s Day, whiner.

• Cop Mama says:

Anything you bake is 100 times better than those processed foods! 😉
    Happy Mother’s Day, hope you had a good one!

• libby says:

you’re funny! happy mother’s day!

• BJ_Mama says:

Oh, Amanda….this is the first time I actually got to view a vlog of yours! I feel like I know you for really real now….and how I LOVE you even MORE!
    Fist PUMP for Samoas!
    Big Thumbs down for thin mint dipped oreo wannabes!
    I hope find a box of double mint stuffed Oreo goodness with a block of melting chocolate in your near future!
    HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY, Sweetheart!

• MommyTopics.com says:

Sick ’em GIRL! You get those Nabisco Corporate Sham artists!!! (Cracking Up!!!) 🙂

• Laura says:

Fist pump, right back at you, girl. This vlog was hilarious!

• Mandi says:

Whoa whoa whoa~! I think I would have been taken aback too!! On the other hand, I love thin mints, so while I would have been surprised, it probably would have still ended in unabashed joy as I happily stuffed my face 😉
    PS I love it when you vlog 🙂

• gianna says:

my favorite line, “I still feel very comfortable BLAMING YOU!”
    YOu are hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...