Rainbow Cupcakes and Gay Pride?

filed under: Surprise Inside Cakes on September 30, 2010

I dont often weigh in on political issues.  I try not to overwhelm folks with my opinions and views.

I try.

But every now and then an issue comes along that I feel like I want to speak out on.

It’s Rainbow Foods.

We all know I have made my fair share of rainbow foods.

Cakes

IMG_2952.stamp

And Pancakes

IMG_9179.fixed

And cookies of course

IMG_2903.rainbowcookie

I tend to embrace rainbow items because of what it represents to me.

As a Christian the rainbow is extremely significant.

It appears essentially twice in the Bible, once in Genesis 9:13-14 and in Revelations 4:3, 10:1. In Genesis, the rainbow came after the great flood brought by God in order to remove sinful and evil minded men from the earth.

The rainbow symbolized the covenant God made with Noah (who represented mankind) that He would not destroy the world in such a way again.

I love that God allowed us a tangible representation of His promise, and every time I gaze upon the glorious beauty and awe of a rainbow I can feel security in Gods faithful covenant to us.

Now, I dont know if you have heard, but there is a bakery in Indianapolis called Just Cookies that was asked to make an order of rainbow cupcakes for National Coming Out Day.

They declined.

They first stated they dont make cupcakes. (which is true) The husband and co-owner then came forward and stated that, “I explained we’re a family-run business, we have two young, impressionable daughters, and we thought maybe it was best not to do that.”

They are now being ripped apart in the media and being called horrible names.  People are boycotting their business and going on to business rating websites and claiming that in addition to being biggots, the baked items they sell taste horrible and are inedible.

The very people who say they are striving for peace and tolerance are now making it their mission to destroy people who have a different view.

I guess that doesnt sit right with me.

When I received an abundance of negative feedback for my rainbow pancakes I was also fortunate enough to receive some kind and supportive feedback.  Occasionally, it was from a homosexual individual applauding me for promoting gay pride in my home or for teaching my kids not to be homophobic.

I questioned myself how to best reply to those kind of comments. When I teach my kids about the rainbow, its is always accompanied by a message of hope and grace, and that they can serve a God who always keeps his promises.

What it all boils down to is that a rainbow can mean very different things to people.

Is it fair to criminalize and demonize a business because to them, a rainbow represents something that directly counteracts their belief system?

And in all fairness, they never declined to serve gay customers, but instead chose to not promote a specific event.

You know I am totally curious about your opinion.  Would you boycott them?  Should the city be allowed to force them into making those cupcakes?  Where do you stand?

*Please keep your comments respectful and do not attack other commentors.

*****

As of March 6th, 2011, the comments on this post are closed.  Some people who adamantly disagree with my views and the views of some of my readers have chosen so leave harassing, demeaning, derogatory, hurtful, negative and just plain mean comments.

There is no room for disrespect here, no matter what your belief system is.

You are free to debate this elsewhere.

Comments

• Shara says:

Thanks for the post Amanda! It’s topics like these that bring people out of the wood work. I appreciate that you take a stance!
    1 Question to other Christian commenters: Why do we expect those who do not have the Holy Spirit to live or behave as if they do? Why are we shocked and surprised by sinful behavior in those who have no choice? Why do we think we can argue them into Biblical truth that makes no sense to their dead soul?
    BTW, I think that the business had a choice to refuse the business. They didn’t provide the service, and they didn’t get paid. My husband has a choice not to do a website for things that he doesn’t align with. It’s the nature of owning your own business.

• Amy Roper says:

OK fine. They don’t serve cupcakes. The issue isn’t cupcakes. Cupcakes aside, you’re telling me it’s ok not to make them rainbow cookies because of who they love? We must have different Gods because my God doesn’t reward people for discrimination. Hey, I have a good idea. Let’s put all the gays in an island. Let’s segregate the coloreds and revoke the voting rights of women folk. Has anyone out there heard of a little document called the Constitution of the United Stated of America? I don’t care who anyone loves. I’ll take love over hate any day.

• Ruth says:

Well since they don’t make cupcakes, why would the city force them to do it?
    Boycott them, no. Absolutely not. And you know what else, if they are a Christian run business I don’t think it matters how much persecution they get (In the world you will have trouble…) because God can bless them for the right decision anyways.
    But, I also want to point out that if you make you busines in the world then you should expect the world to act worldly. It’s just how it goes. And it really sucks.
    Yes, I have noticed that every time someone says no to gays then suddenly they are unaccepting bigots. Blah blah blah, we’ll be persecuted for our beliefs, it says so in the Bible. Where you stand with God is what counts, not what others have to say about you.

• Robin says:

I’m a Christian and I’m so tired of all the HATE…it’s very waring and so contradictory. God tells us not to judge others…that’s his job….I hate it when Christians feel they need to speak for others like we are all like-minded.
    Speak with kindness and treat your neighbor as you would yourself.
    Look at what just happened at Rutgers…that poor boy…that was a PERSON and someone’s son. A son of God also.

• Raf says:

I was raised as catholic but thankfully I didn’t took for granted what was teached to me,I could see too much hipocrisy and I arrived at the point that I hate the concept of “religion”(any of them) just because what they do is “spread words of love, but just for those who are like you”,and if you (think or live)in a different way, you have no right (to eat? to love? to choose?to live?), so I obviously disagree with the reason of the refusal. I don’t care about the sexual life of anybody, as long as that doesn’t bother me.They shouldn’t have given this reason, but of course I do think that the bakers had the freedom and the right to choose or not the order, just, they missed a bit of sensibility with the answer.(what if someone tells you they won’t sell you something just becouse you are Christian!!)And about those “impressionable daughters”, they had a good lessons on how to discriminate.

• amber hurd says:

I understand what they did completely. We should not condemn yet not encourage that kind of lifestyle. It is getting to be a really hard subject these days. Some churches are even promoting that all lifestyles are welcome and you don’t have to change it to live for God. Sure, everyone should be welcome at church but we shouldn’t encourage the lifestyle as all right and acceptable to God because it is not.

• Londa says:

Whew…took me for.ev.er to scroll to the bottom! Lots going through my head, but I think God’s Word is the balm I need in this blood-pressure raising incidence, “In this world, you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world!”. God can use situations like these to make us long for perfect and glorious eternity for those covered by Jesus Christ!!!

• heyjenrenee says:

hmmm. i am a Christian and i belong to a church who embraces the gay community and performs gay marriages. we believe in including everyone and providing a place of worship for everyone, including people who are gay. a rainbow is a rainbow, and it’s a positive symbol for Christians and gays alike. can’t Christians just accept and love everyone? (instead of saying ‘i’m not making rainbow cupcakes for you GAY people and your coming out day.’) i thought loving and accepting is what we were supposed to do as Christians.

• scatterbrain says:

I agree with you, and I fee sad for that other bakery. I just hope there are enough good souls in their locality who see them for what they are – a family that wants to stick to their values.
    I for one, have had a personal experience as a teenager, where god made a rainbow in the sky for me, on a hot summers day as a sign that he had a wonderful man to share my life with one day. it wasn’t the boy I wanted as a teenager, but he gave me a man who was so so so much better than i could have asked or imagined!!!
    *incidentally today is the 4th anniversary of the day we submitted our plans of marriage to God, together!

• Heather Nerren says:

Oh, I am so glad you are talking about this! I read about it today and I actually thought of your rainbow treats. [Not because I assumed they represented gay pride.] I want to order from this bakery just to support them. I can only imagine the hate they are recieving from all angles.
    The issues surrounding homosexuality are brimming with heated emotions and opinions. Simply refusing to design a special order for a group should not be considered “hateful”, or “discriminatory”. The bakery did not refuse to serve them because they were gay…or even refuse to sell premade items. They declined to create a specific request. A business should have the freedom to make a decision like that.
    I’ve found that homosexuals are some of the most intolerant people I have ever spoken with. Amazing how harsh, cruel and unkind those who demand acceptance become when their view is gently opposed. People are just people…we all just want to be loved. Real love and truth are intertwined.
    Simply talking with someone about a moral viewpoint is not equivalent to “judging” them, nor does the opinion or conversation in itself expose automatic “hate”. These conclusions are irrational. [If you assume so, are you actually “judging” me for “judging” you and can you possibly explain to me the logic behind that circular?]
    I think these things should be talked about while we are still “free” to talk about them…it may not be long before posts like this become “criminal”. It’s a bold topic you are tackling here…who knew cupcakes could become so controversial?

• Amy K says:

I had not heard this until reading your post. When I read/hear things like this, I have to meditate, pray, and discern my response, especially when posting it out here on the www.
    You know that I share your Christian beliefs, and most certainly rainbows mean the same thing to me…God’s promises! And, in all the trials of life, God’s promises are one of the things I hold near and dear to my heart, and everytime I see a rainbow, it literally brings tears to my eyes.
    On the somewhat commercial side of things, I believe that any business has the right to make business/personal choices however they see fit, that is best for them. If this happens to include avoiding doing something that completely contradicts their moral and/or spiritual values, then that’s their perogative, and it’s unfortunate that the media happens to sensationalize these choices.
    Perhaps some will deem this bakery prejudiced; however, I applaud their authenticity. They certainly could have disregarded their own beliefs for the almighty dollar, but they didn’t, and should be commended for standing up to society/judgement.
    I pray that God continues to bless them and give them strength, so they are able to manage their business in a way that will continue to bring Him Glory!
    Sorry for such a long rambling response….
    Blessings and Hugs to my sister-in-Christ…

• Kate says:

I must live underneath a rock or something because I didn’t know that the rainbow meant gay pride.
    I respect the store owners for holding on to their morals and values in a world where people sacrifice them so easily for the sake of policital correctness or simply to be liked.
    Just because something is becoming more popular doesn’t mean it has to be accepted by all. I can love someone despite their choices but I sure as heck don’t have to agree with them.
    I wonder if they refused to fill an order for a prison if they’d be boycotted like this. Or a political convention? Or a school function?
    I applaud them for clinging to their morals.

• BC says:

I will not refuse service to anyone based on my own personal beliefs. As long as the customer is friendly, respectful, and pays, business is business. I could find something wrong with a lot of customers that walk in my door, but regardless of what I think personally, I do not let that interfere with my business. I know it is a fine line to walk, but I think it should have just ended with “We don’t sell cupcakes”. From what I understand, it’s not like they wanted them to make the cupcakes and then come out and support and participate with them…they were just wanting cupcakes. Is this business going to refuse business if you are divorced, have children out of marriage, use birth control, or anything else that goes against christian beliefs as well??? However, in defense of the business, I don’t think people should be slandering them as to making horrible cookies, because if that were true, they woulnd’t have been asked to make the cupcakes in the first place.

• Wendy says:

Very interesting. I would not avoid their business based on their beliefs, but I do think by giving a reason as to why they would not make the cupcakes does kinda “put them out there”…though I am embarrased they are treated so unfairly. They should have just said, “sorry, we don’t do cupcakes.” Would they not serve someone that has a criminal record? WOuld they not serve someone who is not a Christian? Where do you draw the line?

• Crystal Whittaker Gracioso says:

(I removed Common Sense’s comment because of its cruelty and blatant disrespect… if you want to read it to know exactly what Crystal is responding to, just leave a comment with your email address)
    Why Common Sense? Is it because we share an opinion that is different from yours? Nobody has said anything mean or hateful. I like hockey…I think it’s a fine sport. Maybe you think hockey is dumb…boring…a waste of time. Should I be offended because you don’t like hockey? Or because you think it’s a waste of time?
    No…it’s your opinion. What I’ve stated is my opinion on the subject matter. Apparently, to you, having a different opinion than your own makes me “hypocritical” and “ignorant.”
    From dictionary.com:
    hypocritical: –noun
    1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    There’s no pretending here…I actually have these beliefs. I actually believe the Bible to be the Word of God (I actually even did my research on it while in college, so no, I’m not a “blind follower”). I actually try to live a life of morality as outlined by Biblical standards…a life that is pleasing to the Lord. And I’m not ashamed of it.
    My actions do not belie my beliefs…disagreeing with one’s lifestyle does not, in any way shape or form belie what I believe about God, the Bible, truth, or love. You can disagree and still be respectful.
    Again, from dictionary.com:
    ignorant: –adjective
    1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    3. uninformed; unaware.
    4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.
    I’m not really sure how any of the above could even remotely be applied to anything that I’ve said or that has been said by anybody else who has disagreed with the gay community on this forum
    Disagreeing with a lifestyle does not, in any way shape or form, indicate a lack of knowledge. I know what my Bible says. I know that the writing of it was inspired by God (read anything by Josh McDowell for more internal and external evidence that indicates the veracity of the Bible as a valid piece of written work…btw, Josh McDowell was an athiest when he set out to prove the Bible was false). I also know quite a bit about the gay community and homosexuality in general. So there’s certainly no lack of knowledge here…just a different opinion.
    So hey…if you wish to think that I, or Amanda, or any of these other folks that disagree with homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle are “bigots”, go right ahead…
    And btw…just for the record…again from dictionary.com:
    Bigot: –noun
    a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
    Intolerant: –adjective
    1. not tolerating or respecting beliefs, opinions, usages, manners, etc., different from one’s own, as in political or religious matters; bigoted.
    2. unable or unwilling to tolerate or endure (usually fol. by of ): intolerant of very hot weather.
    Hmmm, there’s nothing in there about sharing a different opinion. But it sure does resemble the post that you just made…which certainly did seem disrespecting to a view that is different than your own.

• megan says:

I’m late commenting, but I just had to say that I agree with you. It’s sad that they’ve essentially lost the freedom of choice in their own business. They shouldn’t be boycotted for refusing to support something they disagree with on a moral level. They didn’t refuse to serve gays, they just refused to support an event. but I guess we shouldn’t be surprised – the Bible says to expect persecution and difficulties…

• megan @ whatmegansmaking says:

• Denver says:

@Crystal Whittaker Gracioso:
    >> Man shall not lie with man as with woman…it is an abomination.
    Before quoting verses, I strongly encourage you to read the whole chapter. You just quoted the Jewish Holiness codes from Leviticus – specifically quoting Leviticus 20:13. The Jewish Holiness codes set forth a WHOLE lot of other requirements or else facing punishment – but for some reason, those are ignored today and JUST Leviticus 20:13 is used as a rationale for the subjugation against the LGBT community. For instance…if the bible is so clear cut with the above passage, then you also must follow this (these happen to NIV translations):
    “If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.” (Leviticus 20:9) [We will seriously have no children left if this biblical verse is held true]
    “If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people.” (Leviticus 20:18)
    “If a man marries his brother’s wife, it is an act of impurity; he has dishonored his brother. They will be childless.” (Leviticuz 20:21) [SIDEBAR: Henry VIII used this verse as validation for his divorce from his first wife]
    “If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.”
    As a final sidenote, ironically from the same book you quoted from, just one passage before: “Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD “ (Leviticus 19:18)
    So let me ask you Crystal, is that verse REALLY as straight forward and clear as you initially proposed it to be?
    In regards to the cupcake shop, in most situations an establishment has the right to refuse service to anyone they deem fit. Yes, the bakery is a private business – HOWEVER, this bakery signed a contract with the city of Indianapolis in order to operate in the specific location they were operating in. From a simple google search:
    Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard’s spokesman says the bakery’s actions are “unacceptable. They are in the City Market, it’s an equal accommodations establishment.”
    What does that mean? It means they can not use discrimination as a means of refusing service to clientele. The owner speaking out against the LGBT community showed his motivations were based in discrimination.
    I am more than open to discussing this further. You can reach me at [email protected]. Thanks!

• Denver says:

Also, Crystal, Josh McDowell book is one of the most preposterous writings out there. and before you ask, yes I did read it. The book is written much like the bible is written. “If this doesn’t make you believe, then you must be stupid.” (this of course is not verbatim)
    I strongly disagree with the assertion that he was an atheist when he began his “study” into the “veracity” of the bible. I believe more than likely he was a christian who had questions, and he began searching the bible not to prove it false, but to prove it true. It’s just a much better selling point on the 700 club when you sell the book as being written by an atheist turned believer.

• Crystal Whittaker Gracioso says:

Actually Denver, there’s quite a bit more to Leviticus, Deuteronomy and the OT covenant than just the verses you mentioned. To understand why those things in Lev. are not currently practiced today, you would also have to have an understanding of the similarities and differences of the covenants of the OT and NT. It’s entirely too in-depth to discuss here, and I’m hardly schooled enough in this discussion to adequately explain it. But there IS an explanation. If you truly want to know…seek out a Bible-based pastor in your area and ask questions. There’s quite a bit more to it and quite a bit more to understand. I can pass on my pastor’s email if you would be interested…he did a study on it not that long ago (of which we missed most…comes with the territory of having small kids).
    Moreover…the verse mentioned from Lev is not the only time homosexuality is mentioned in the Bible. It is also discussed in reference to Sodom and Gomorrha (in which an entire city was destroyed due to sexual immorality) AND, for those who are NT purists, it is mentioned in Romans 1:26-27.
    As far as Josh McDowell goes…he has many writings…Evidence that Demands a Verdict, A Ready Defense, etc. I think the information he presents is common sense and indisputable. I believe he actually said he was an agnostic at the time he set out to disprove the Bible…not an athiest. Whether he was or he wasn’t, the information he collected is pretty convincing.
    Last, but certainly not least…I appreciate the respectful discourse. We CAN have respectful discourse and still disagree.

• Gianna says:

Whoa!
    There is a lot of hostility in these comments!
    A LOT. You would be living under a rock if you didn’t agree.
    First of all, Amanda, I know you are cool like this (but deep down you might not be), but don’t take any of it personally.
    On with my opinion.
    From the business perspective, it would have been good to say, “we don’t do cupcakes.” But life isn’t all about business.
    Life is about relationships and being able to live with yourself and believing the truth and loving others.
    All the pro-gay comments are screaming out about love. (let me point out that they are SCREAMING and YELLING about love. That seems mighty loving to me!)
    Yet I do see love from the bakery owners.
    Lots of love.
    They love their children. It seems to me that they want to live what they say they believe. They want to have integrity.
    Right now they are saying they have standards (be it the Bible or another set of standards–they may NOT be Christ followers–did it say that and I missed it?) and are unwilling to compromise them due to their business needs.
    That is loving.
    That is far more loving than caving to make a buck and get a pat on the back.

• Denver says:

@Gianna – While there may be a disagreement over content and opinion about a subject matter, that does not inherently mean there is hostility between two parties. I feel one of the major stumbling blocks in discussing religion issues is that one side always attempts to show the other as “stupid,” “hostile,” “sinful,” “corrupted,” or some other adjective to reduce the discussion into a pissing match, so to speak. Instead, having the ability to discuss certain topics, bounce ideas and thoughts off of each other, and respecting each person for their contribution to the discussion and to the world at large has a much better outcome in the grand scheme, and can truly lead to change in a world that is so focused on dividing, that we are no longer able to see the common thread that runs through us all.
    @Crystal – you are correct in a very big aspect – this discussion is far too indepth to go into on a blog about a bakery refusing to make cupcakes for a gay student group. That said, I feel I need to clarify one part of your comment, and I hope it’s not taken disrespectfully, but more something to consider and reflect on. A lot of today’s “Christians” are told by someone else how they are supposed to interpret and understand a book written in a time and place that is completely foreign to them. Instead of learning about the social and historical context of passages in which the bible is written, and instead of understanding that even in current times two people can translate the SAME texts in very different ways, today’s average Christian spouts off what they’ve been told in the church they attend each Sunday. They subjugate groups of individuals who have beliefs and ideas different from their own, and reiterate time and time again the “facts” told to them in church by the individual standing at the pulpit claiming to be a man of god who knows what each verse means and how it is to be understood. Unfortunately, a man is just a man (and a woman just a woman), and makes incorrect determinations about many things throughout their lifetime. I feel like is all about learning, rediscovering, researching, and observing other perspectives. Unfortunately, a lot of common day understandings of the bible have been passed down falsely from one pastor to his congregation, over and over again.
    Your claim about Sodom and Gomorrah is evidence of a pastor who himself/herself doesn’t understand the historical and social context of that passage. To clarify what my research has shown me, the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was inhospitality shown towards the guests of the city and an overall lack of morality in the city at large. In that time and place, when a guest came to the city, they were to be treated as you would a King/Queen. The townspeople instead wanted to “know” (rape) the the angels god sent to the city, and such violation of cultural norms was explained as abominable in God’s eyes and thus he destroyed the city and ALL of its immoralities. The townsmen did not want to have romantic same-sex relations with the visitors. In that time, the way a group showed domination over another group, was by raping them. If there is interest in understanding more how the bible has been cultivated by it’s translations through time to vilify homosexuals and homosexuality, I am providing a link to a note I wrote and posted on Facebook in response to a hate-filled commentary on the movie “For the Bible Tells me So”: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=416545921430

• Denver says:

And sorry for posting so much, but I just want to clarify something with regard to the bakery removed from all the biblical discussion. The city in Indianapolis is involved in this situation because the shop is on a piece of city property, and in order to do business on that property, the shop owner had to sign a contract that stated they would be an “equal accommodations establishment.” This means they can not use discrimination as a means of refusing service to clientele. The owner speaking out against the LGBT community showed his motivations were based in discrimination.

• Margie says:

It is not my place to judge, but I’m only human and I understand that He sees me as whole, even when I am fragmented. For me, this story represents the best and worst within the human nature. Feeling passionately, over those things that we see, if only through our own eyes of human understanding, may we come to understand what He has required of us. No one is right; no one is wrong. We must trust, tolerate and respect our differences, learning along the way that each of us has an important role, given to us by Him. We have a choice to grow and to discover. Perhaps we might see hope where there was none, forgiveness when there wasn’t any, and thus a deeper faith because of it.
    When I first visited your site a few days ago, I came upon the rainbow cake, and human that I am, I pondered: Is this what I think it is? This woman is a Christian and she is tolerant of another’s choice in their life. (I’m guilty of scanning posts and not reading much unless something catches my eye.) And then today I came to see how you are doing, to get an update, and to pray that all is going well. I found this post and discovered that it was vitally important for me to respond. I’m guilty of wanting to be heard. This is where I found my answer:
    I believe we should all listen, strive for our best for each and every moment that we are here for, “We know not the hour.”
    My first reaction, before I had completely read your post, was one of surprise! Were you really going to take this beyond the cake and pancakes, the bakery, were you going to manage a way to discuss the heinous act that occurred at Rutgers?
    I had no idea. And that is when I realized that it matters not what I might think. If for only one moment I might find myself, tolerant, accepting, in spite of any said argument. May I find a way to see it through your eyes and the eyes of others.
    So I stand before you trying to offer what it is that I sincerely feel and I find my heart full and aching with sadness.
    Each and every one of us battles demonic foes, but every one of us deserves to be heard, tolerated, and respected as long as we do not intend harm.
    God grant me wisdom to see, to understand, and to make a difference in the life or lives of anyone that suffers intolerance.
    Thank you for offering this dialog.

• Crystal Whittaker Gracioso says:

Denver, again, thank-you for a non-hostile discussion. It’s refreshing.
    In anycase…I can assure you, I’m not the type to sit by and idly be fed doctrine. I’m probably a bigger skeptic than you might think. I wasn’t raised in a Christian home and attended a rather liberal state university. Ironically, it was there that I did my research and came to the conclusion that the Bible was the Word of God and, like it or not, the things contained therein are truth.
    I’m quite aware that in discussing Biblical doctrine, one must take into consideration the context of the time in which the events happened as well as the context of the time the events were written down. I personally choose to use a KJV so as to avoid the more modern translations that have quite a bit of license when it comes to interpretation of passages.
    I disagree with your interpretation of the events of Sodom and Gomorrah…especially given the firm stance that is taken in the Levitical laws and in the mentioning of homosexual immorality in later scripture. Furthermore, God had determined to destroy the city even before the angels went there, meaning it would be hard for the city to be destroyed for being inhospitable towards their guests when their guests hadn’t even arrived yet.
    Perhaps they had been inhospitable towards previous guests? Well, they welcomed Lot with open arms now didn’t they? The text doesn’t go into their inhospitable tendencies at all, as a matter of fact. But it DOES describe their intentions (that being to “know” the visitors) as “wicked.’
    In anycase…you strike me as a person that has done much research. Keep looking. Truth is there…and there really is only one truth.
    For me…I’m off…there is much to be done around this house…

• Comments are closed.