Seriously.

filed under: Miscellaneous on December 6, 2009

I was compiling some random facts about myself in my head (doesn't everyone do that?) and realized that after each thought, I had added the word seriously on the end.  Apparently I needed to reiterate, to myself, that I was not kidding.

Seriously.

So, if you would indulge me… after each of these thoughts, just imagine me looking at you sweet blogging buddies with a deadpan expression and saying, "Seriously."   For the IRL  (In Real Life) folks, I am sure once you saw the title, no explanation was needed.

***

I will turn 40 in eight short years.  For some reason that fact is totally freaking me out.

***

Having changed roughly 10,000 diapers in the last four years (yes, I actually sat down and tried to figure it out) why is it that every single diaper seems to behold a new challenge?

***

If I could dress anyway I wanted, I would get Jennifer Lopez's wardrobe from the movie Wedding Planner.

***

I used to think I was calm under pressure.  I am the mom of toddler boys.  Its sorta a requirement.

Until this happened.

IMG_3456.parkerbump

That is a bump the size of an egg.  I freaked out.  Thank goodness hubby was home.

I had no place to vent my fear and annoyance that I let something like this happen to my baby so I sat and yelled at my husband for letting something like this happen to my baby.

(It was no ones 'fault'… Parker was pretending to be ghost and had a blanket over himself and ran head first into the corner of a wall.)

That bump was gone within two hours and he doesn't even have a bruise from it.

I, however, am still completely traumatized from the incident… but I have feeling it is not going to be my last encounter with head injuries.

***

I am a fan of Sarah Palin on facebook. Seriously. 😉

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Kate says:

Oh my gosh! Your poor little one’s HEAD! I felt my stomach turn over when I saw that pic.
    It was not your fault. It was an accident.
    Seriously.
    Big hugs to you.
    Kate
    (PS: if you think you are freaked out that you will be 40 in 8 years, try 13 months!)

• BethieofVA says:

Ouch! Us moms are never ready when our sweet youngin’s get hurt. Glad he is okay.
    Oh, the 40 thing, try 44 on for size! LOL!

• tammy says:

Ohh I feel your pain. When Jacob was 3 years old I was making dinner and holding my then infant, Kendra. I opened the bottom cupboard to pull out my wooden cutting board and to my dismay Jacob happened to be running into the kitchen as I pulled out the board and nailed him in the head with it. Now this was totally my fault. Hubby came home 20 minutes later to a postpartom mom crying, dinner not made, a screeming baby and a huge egg on our toddler. These are the moments I look back at and see why 2 children was more than enough for this girl. I’m glad Parker came out of it okay. And at least you didnt cause the injury. 🙂

• Jolene says:

Seriously??? I’ll be forty in 5 years and 1 month and 21 days, but who’s counting???
    Ouch to the little man! That had to KILL!!! I’m so sorry you had to endure his pain. Sometimes, I think it hurts us way more than them. Hang in there, you’re a great mom and thank God for great dads!!!!

• stacy Ness says:

Poor little Parker! But don’t feel completely horrible. It happens to the best of us. Kenny had the exact same bump on his head last summer, but it WAS my fault. We were on our way in to the Firehouse for Operation Minnesota Nice. Well I was a few minutes later then normal so I was rushing. Thought the door was heavier then it was and WHAM right in the forhead. OUCH! Poor little Kenny. Atleast he had about 30 Grandma like ladies taking care of him and yes a FireFighter even came and checked him out and gave him an ice pack. So I felt horrible and had an audience. 🙂

• Amanda Rettke says:

Oh my goodness!!  What a scary thing to go through!  But I have to admit, I think I might have been a little relieved to have a fireman check him out… plus the kids LOVE firemen, so they might have been distracted!!
    Blessings-
    Amanda

• Jenney says:

Congratulations BJ Mama on your great photo!
    Thanks Amanda for hosting the contest.
    Oh, it is so scary when your kid has a head bump…Jack gets about one a day, and they do bruise, but they rarely have the cut like Parker did! OUCH!!!!

• He & Me + 3 says:

Oh my word..that bump looks just like Actress’ bump when she was that age. SHe has a scar…so get some scar medicine because that skin that separated but didn’t bleed will leave a scar. It is identical to hers. I freaked too.
    I am a fan of Sarah Palin too…but not on facebook. I don’t really go on there.

• He & Me + 3 says:

I am a fan of Sarah Palin too…but not on facebook. I don’t really go on there.

• Michelle says:

Oh my! Seriously? That looks like it hurt. You even captured the little tears in his eyes. I almost want to cry myself! Poor little guy. Hope he’s feeling better quick. I’m sure he’ll be up and around playing ghost again very soon!
    Have a great day
    Michelle

• Katie says:

I remember the first time I saw a goose egg. It was on one of the boys in my grade school class. I was amazed such thing was possible and how quickly is went away. They are pretty weird though!

• Ruth says:

Owie! Owie! Owie! Well I can’t say as I’ve been throught the worst with my son but I can say that we have experienced a few of those bumps in the past. The worst was when he collided with his rocking car and split his lip open. Ugly stuff and boy did it bleed forever. AND if you little girl is anything like mine then she’ll try to keep up with her older brothers and you’ll experience a few of those mishaps with her as well. It goes with the territory. You know, the mommy territory.
    Seriously my word is “anyways”. I used to say it a lot and that’s how a lot of my blog post used to have that word throw in there a few times. I tend to head towards “hmmmmm” and other such non words now, so seriously don’t feel bad about your word quirks, I don’t!
    Oh and if you are worried about being forty what are you going to worry about once you turn forty. Better start thinking now so you can be prepared! 😉

• angie says:

poor parker…..that looks terrible. thank goodness all is well now.

• Jessica says:

Oh goodness that bump on the head is scaring me!

• Christy says:

Emma had that happen this past spring, while Chad was deployed. I’m a normally very calm mom during these sort of “Crisis” situations, but when it popped up so quickly and split her skin it freaked me out and I did take her to the ER (which is soooo rare for me). It was totally her fault, she was running after I told her not to, she slipped on our stupid (I HATE THEM…SERIOUSLY) hardwood floor.
    I have to say I am loving my 30’s and look forward to my 40’s! We’re the same age, it’s just going to keep getting better and the thought that I’m a year closer to being with my girl in Heaven and my Savior, now that’s something to get excited about!!!!

• tracie says:

I cringed when I saw the bump on his head…glad to hear that it wasn’t as bad as it looked.
    Turning 40 for me was much easier than turning 30. I am freaked out now that I will be 50 in 5 years and 4 months…

• janis says:

Hey – I”m 40 and so far so good! 🙂 The kids keep us young! 🙂 Seriously!
    Glad the owies wasn’t too bad and healed quickly – those little ones are amazing!
    I’m also a fan of Palin on Facebook – seriously! 🙂

• Sarah says:

Ouch! Seriously, my youngest just had a practically identical goose egg on her forehead a couple of days ago. I was all panicking and ready to race to the ER, but 3 minutes later, she was chasing her big sister on the bike. by Sunday morning, no goose egg and a barely visible bruise. It was a scary thing, and the guilt was unbelievable. She’s forgotten all about it, but I’m not sure I ever can.

• darcie says:

ouch! we had an identical bump on our 2 year old’s head a few months back…like your little guy – ran into the edge of a door frame…
    it was pretty scary – but we all came out unscathed…hugs!!

• ElizaBeth says:

It’s always tough when your little ones hurt, even when they get big…. If the “bump” is on the outside thats a good thing… (The “nurse” in me looked at his eyes to make sure the pupils were the same. LOL) And tomarrow he’ll be back to running around the house with something else on his head I’m sure. I think being 4th of 10 makes me a little less prone to the freaked out thing. Although it still hurts my heart to see them suffer and not be able to fix it. 🙁

• abby says:

Oh, that bump! Poor boy. I’m sure you’re heart just completely sank when you saw that. I’m slowly learning that those sorts of things happen to little boys a lot…
    Hey, your frosting recipe is awesome! I tried it and absolutely love it (I used lemon and vanilla extract). I made my cookies during nap time like a frantic lady and was just finishing up when the kids woke up. The whole time I was thinking..How does Amanda do this?! 🙂 Thanks again!

• Jamie says:

Yikes, that bump would have totally freaked me out too! Glad he is ok.
    And girl, you are a young one…I’ll be 40 in just 8 months.

• Jamie @ Six Bricks High says:

Yikes, that bump would have totally freaked me out too! Glad he is ok.
    And girl, you are a young one…I’ll be 40 in just 8 months.

• Karen says:

Seriously?
    I am going to be 40 in one year and nine months, and I am looking forward to it! Not sure why – I just am.
    As for the head thing. Ouch!
    When I was a kid, I got stitches in my head in pre-school, kindergarten, first grade, third grade and fifth grade. Actually, fifth grade found me in the hospital for a few days – had myself a little bike accident and had to have my lower lip stitched back to my chin.
    In second grade I broke my arm, and in fourth grade I broke a finger.
    And I’m a GIRL! Ha!
    Seriously.
    *grin*

• Karen@SurvivingMotherhood says:

Seriously?
    As for the head thing. Ouch!
    In second grade I broke my arm, and in fourth grade I broke a finger.
    And I’m a GIRL! Ha!
    Seriously.
    *grin*

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...