The Morning After

filed under: Miscellaneous on January 20, 2010

More like many mornings after…

Ever since I got home from Ria's PhotographerMAMA workshop, I have been itchin' to take some pictures.

Let me rephrase that.  I have been itchin' to take some GOOD pictures.

Well.  I'm not anywhere near where I want to be, but things are improving!

I think the thing I love most about learning how to use my camera is that now I can find my voice.

My own perspective in photography.

The pictures that I love aren't necessarily what appeals to the masses, but they are special to me…

IMG_6299.audrey

IMG_6338.audrey

IMG_6342.audrey

IMG_6261.colton

IMG_6351.audrey

IMG_6373.parker

Do you think I like faces? 🙂

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Kari says:

I LOVE faces! Great job with the pictures… it is fun to capture the “non traditional” pictures… things like little hands and feet, eyelashes….
    Blessings, Kari

• Audra says:

These are really good pictures. Very pure. I love them. They don’t look all photoshopped with glow in the dark eyes. I love the baby legs – we’re a big fan of those as well here in ND.

• Jamie says:

I like those faces too…so cute!!!

• Jamie @ Six Bricks High says:

I like those faces too…so cute!!!

• abby says:

What beautiful babes!! (and what beautiful photos!)
    I especially love the gap between the front 2 teeth of your baby girl….precious.

• Christy says:

You know I always love your photo’s and love the so not traditional first one. So beautiful!!!

• ClassiclyAmber says:

I think those are great pictures, too! Awesome catchlights!! 😉 It sounds like you are getting addicted to your camera. I love it! Oh, and be prepared to use up all the space on your computer (filling it up with pics of the kids and outdoors!). I have so many shots, too, that hubby had to bring down the external hard drive just to store it all on!
    You’re doing great!! =-D

• Online Consultation says:

Nice photos. You have cute kid. He’s adorable.

• Tendrils says:

Beautiful pics!

• Genny says:

Special for sure! And you already DO take good pictures!
    Thanks for chiming in on my Talkin About Thursdays. Would love to have you join me, Amanda!

• Donna says:

Who can go wrong with such adorable faces to photograph?

• oneshotbeyond says:

I love faces too! They are wonderful to photograph. You did great!!!

• gianna says:

how can the masses not love those pics! too cute! seriously! i especially love the one of your little girl crawling away! precious!

• tammy says:

Cute pictues Amanda. You should come and photograph my kids.

• Kari says:

Hi Amanda! I read your comment on my blog… wanted to say that you can make collages really really easily on picassa… i just learned how. I made all of the collages in about 10 min each by just importing my favorites from my desktop for each year… You’re so talented, I’m sure you could do it! And it wouldn’t take long. 🙂

• Amy says:

Great pictures! Glad you are working on what you learned. I still need to figure out my SLR a bit more.

• Karen says:

I’m curious. What do you DO with all the pictures you take?
    Honestly, I have slowed waaaaaay down on my picture taking because I am so far behind on my scrapbooking. And it stresses me out. I know I need to capture the memories, but finding the time and motivation to do something with the pictures? Not so easy. *sigh*
    Oh, and, cute kids! Beautiful pictures! *grin*

• Karen@SurvivingMotherhood says:

I’m curious. What do you DO with all the pictures you take?
    Oh, and, cute kids! Beautiful pictures! *grin*

• debbie says:

These are incredible! You have a talent.

• Christina says:

Well those are some cute faces, who could blame you:)

• Katie says:

You’ll have to forgive me…..I’m a momma of boys and in that first picture, I wasn’t seeing LEGWARMERS, I was seeing socks with the toes cut out of 😉 great pics 🙂

• Katie@ The Baby Factory says:

• Amanda Jo says:

Those are GREAT pictures!!! Photography is more than just a good camera and taking a few lessons – you’ve gotta have natural talent and a good eye! Friend, you’re the whole package! I just love your photos! Too bad you aren’t closer to Texas, I’d ask you to take some of my little guy!

• Autumn says:

Found your blog through mckmama. I’d wondered who’d made those amazing cookies and cakes! I’ve made a rainbow cake myself and it was a hit, thanks!
    I love your photos, they show the things you love and the fact that you have a great “eye” for photography.

• buy nintendo dsi r4 says:

Hello
    Those are wonderful pictures and specially that second one picture is really very cute.I like all expressions very much.Thank you..

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...