The Pumpkins Have It

filed under: Miscellaneous on October 10, 2009

I love fall.  I love the colors and the clothes and the smells and the foods and the temperatures and the evening in front camp fire roasting marshmallows and reminiscing about where the year has gone.

Yesterday we had a glimpse of a fall day here.. as the temps soared to a tepid 57 degrees.  Seeing as it is still early in the season, the sun did manage to supply some warmth, and we were able to go out and actually enjoy some of our favorite autumnal activities.

IMG_8561.fairyburntcolor

IMG_8571.fairyburnt

I heart baby boo's.  It is definitely my favorite pumpkin.

IMG_8569.fairyburnt

IMG_8601.burntlightfairy

IMG_8626.lightburnt

I came home and made these… ham and swiss cheese sandwiches.  Super easy and fun!

Then I decided to get all crazy and make the most frosting covered cupcake in the history of the world.*

*Actually validity of that statement questionable.

IMG_8628.slightlylighter

IMG_8633.coolerlightzap

It was a beautiful day in spite of one slightly pumpkin obsessed mommy.

We even woke up to this.

IMG_8649.fairylight

It snowed here!!

I love winter.  Really I do.  I am the first person to excitedly stand in the door and marvel at the awe and wonder of the the first glistening sparkle filled snow fall and praise God that I live here and actually get to experience snow.

But usually, that happens AFTER AUTUMN.

Eh.

At least I have more of these.

IMG_8628.coolerzapburnt

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Heather says:

That does it, no matter what else today brings: I AM GOING TO THE PUMPKIN PATCH. I need some gourds in my life!

• Sunshine Mama says:

Those picts were so cute. And that frosting pumpkin…man oh, man. I love frosting.
    But the snow covered pumpkins say it all. It was suppose to snow here this morning, but it hasn’t, (you must have got it all). So, we went to the pumpkin patch yesterday.
    I’m with you. I love pumpkins!
    Have a great weekend.

• Heidi says:

Holy Cupcake Batman!
    I cannot believe you guys got snow. None here and I would like to keep it that way please!

• Kami Rude says:

Your pictures are super cute! Looks like you guys had a great time at the pumpkin patch 🙂 We have yet to do that – tomorrow is our scheduled visit! We’ll see if that happens or not, pending entirely on the SNOW that we received! I love it as well – I’m totally a winter girl (fall is my favorite, though we seem to have missed it this year) .. though I do wonder at the fact that we have GREEN LEAVES covered in snow! Hmmm …
    Cute post! The pumpkin cupcakes look cute, though I must admit that I probably couldn’t eat them – they’re just too cute!

• Sarah says:

Very cute cupcakes! Frosting lovers out there would adore them!(me included…)
    The sandwiches are cute too….although they gave me a craving for apple turnovers before I read what they were…

• Kim @ A Fist Full Of Dandelions says:

It is snowing here too. My Autumn Blaze Maple tree is bright red and cover with snow!
    Fabulous pictures, Amanda!

• Stephanie says:

oh, i think i’d just die if i woke up to snow this early in the season. For all of my complaining about Ohio weather, I guess you have it worse. sorry!

• CFMama says:

Beautiful cupcake and scrumptious looking sandwiches. I have to tell you I made a {not rainbow} cake yesterday and whipped up my own frosting and it was bad enough to gag me. The icing was horrendous, so horrendous that the entire cake made it to the garbage. I am no Amanda. =(

• He & Me + 3 says:

I hear ya girl. When snow comes to early I get depressed…It really needs to wait it’s turn. That cupcake looks super yummy! i love pumpkin pictures & you did a fantastic job capturing some fun in the corn! CUTE!

• Michelle M. says:

What a cute post. I love those little pumpkins, too. And your cupcakes are adorable. 🙂 I’ll have to make those for my kids.

• Casey says:

Great pictures!! I am so jealous of your cool weather!! It’s 91 degrees here!!

• sheri says:

That sandwich looks yummy. How did you make those?
    You are right. Nothing else says fall like pumpkins. I can’t believe you have snow already! Although, it is so beautiful, but somehow not right on pumpkins. LOL

• Michelle says:

Oooh, will you share your recipe for the sandwiches? I will so make them for my boys this afternoon!
    I love the pictures of the kids! And the frosting cupcake!! WOW! I think you might be right about the most frosted cupcake in the world. Now I’m going to have research that! 🙂 Those cupcakes might just kill my husband. (He’s type 1 diabetic) Then again, I thought the rainbow cake might have killed him too!

• Amanda Rettke says:
    Those sandwiches are super easy…
    1 package pie crusts (theres 2)
    unroll and cut into 12 individual pumpkin shapes with cookie cutter
    take a smaller round cookie cutter and cut out 24 pieces of ham and 24 pieces of cheese
    lay 6 piece of pumpkin pie pieces onto prepared baking sheet
    put 2 pieces ham and 2 pieces of cheese on each
    have a slightly beaten egg… brush edges of sandwich (for glue) then add top piece of pumpkin
    brush over entire sandwich with egg wash
    bak at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown

Enjoy!!

• Michelle says:

I am so going to make those… soon. Since I only have Easter and Christmas cookie cutters, I’ll have to buy some new cookie cutters first!! 🙂
    BTW, I checked out the Gueness book of world records for the most heavily frosted cupcakes, and the only thing I could find was the largest cupcake ever made. So, I wrote to them and asked if they had such a record. If not, you should enter yours! 🙂

• Julie in WA says:

Noooo! I can’t believe it snowed in MN!!! My mom wrote and said it might, but I thought, you know, with global warming and all, (tongue in cheek) that it was too early to snow. Out here it is warm and sunny, and the leaves have FINALLY started to turn color. Anyways, that first picture of your little girl caught my heart as soon as it popped up. She is so adorable! Thanks for sharing pictures of your adorable kids!

• Carrie @ MartinManor says:

Oh, why do you always have to make my mouth water with your delicious baked goods! What fun cupcakes!
    Your pictures are darling! I can’t believe you had such a beautiful sunny day and then woke up to snow! It’s much too early for that! brrrrr! But I’m sure the kids were excited to see it on the ground! Stay warm and cozy!

• tammy says:

I dont care what you say…YOU ARE THE MOST TALENTED PERSON I KNOW!!!! Seriously, your children and husband are so lucky to have you take care of them day after day. You truly are amazing Amanda in more ways than one. I wish i had the talent/patience you have.

• Richele says:

I loved your post! I get pumpkin crazy also…so I may have a similar post coming up soon..lol. Well, maybe not..your stuff is just way too cute. I once made a pumpkin spice cake in two bundt pans…then put them together..obviously the flat sides..so now you have huge pumpkin shaped cake. Then decorate to finish it off. Great for Thanksgiving. I just go make one of those now! LOL.

• pam says:

i am writting about the rainbow cake

• Erica says:

Hey I’d eat that cupcake, even though it’s so cute! That toss up picture is so cute! I love all the pumpkiny pics I’m seeing around blogland lately! Wish we had an old fashioned pumpkin patch near here, will have to settle for one at the church! Hey & yes that snow is great around here the pumpkins rot because it’s so darn hot!

• slavik4@hotmail.com says:

WOW, girl you are talented! Your children and hubby are lucky to have you!

• Kate says:

I would love to know how you made
    that frosting – it looks like the kind
    that the bakeries use and that I love.
    Any chance you could let me in on how
    you make it??

• Jessica @ How Sweet It Is says:

WOW that is a TON of frosting! Looks yummy, tho. 🙂

• Laura says:

Can you believe it snowed already!? UGH! That cupcakes is cute!

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...