We’ve Got To Cut the Blogger!

filed under: Miscellaneous on February 17, 2010

No, I wasn't in a knife fight with a bunch of blog haters.

I heard those words from a busy producer as she scrambled to reconfigure the show today.  The cooking segment ran long, and they were five minutes over.

Someone had to go.

I was sitting of to the side, by myself, and the moment I heard my smile wavered.

I was the 'blogger'.

Of course, being the insecure gal I am, my mind raced… "Was it me?  Did I do something wrong?  Do they not like the blogs I was planning on talking about?  Is it my hair?  I have NEVER liked my hair!"

All of this flashed through my mind in the span of about three seconds, about the same amount of time it took for Melissa, the sweet producer from TCL, to see me sitting there.

"Oh!  I am so sorry!  The cooking segment ran long.  Its not you!  We like you!  We want you to come back.  Really!  I am so sorry!"

For a moment I was pretty embarrassed.  (who am I kidding, I am STILL embarrassed) But as I drove the long road home, I got to thinking.

This was a good thing.  It was a really good thing.

See, I was starting to get a little, uh… big headed.  Someone wanted me for their TV show!  Someone liked what I had to say!  Someone thought that my opinion was important!

See the theme there?  Me. I was starting to let all this stuff go to my head.

I am so thankful that I have a wonderful God who knows when the sin of pride is getting to be to much and knows when I need a big dose of humility.

I am so thankful that God used something that was so important to me and so visible to everyone to show me that its NOT about me and that there is a much bigger picture.

I had a really big piece of humble pie.  I think I am full now. 😉

***

I will most likely be on again sometime next week, as they were kind enough to offer to let me reschedule.  I will let you know when I know. 🙂

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Kate says:

I love how open and honest you are and that you share that side with us. It would be so easy to be all roses and we wouldn’t know the difference. But you are authentic and I think that’s one of the million reasons why I love you.
    And you have beautiful hair.

• Michelle says:

Awwww!! See, I told you so – the most humble blogger I know!

• monica says:

I love your attitude about it! But I’m sorry they had to cut your segment.:(

• Angel/TaDa! Creations says:

I love your perspective. Keep your chin up.

• Cop Mama says:

What a bummer! Oh well, great attitude my friend! Good for you…it will happen sooner or later. Maybe now you have time to go find something other than “jeans and black!” 😉
    When I first read your post title, I thought you were going to do a post on why we should all get off of Blogger! Ha, too funny!

• megan says:

I also love your perspective. You’re so right about that whole pride thing. God has a way of humbling us 🙂

• bridget {bake at 350} says:

I’m sorry they had to cut it…but it just builds the excitement for the next one. 🙂

• Bethany says:

Big huge bummer! I hope the the redo goes wonderfully for you. 🙂

• Christy says:

I’m sad I don’t get to hear and watch you, but love your honesty and how GOD showed you something that maybe wasn’t clear to you, it’s not fun being humbled by GOD..girl how I know that!
    I love you and am looking forward to when they have you back on!

• Joy says:

Is it horrible of me to be just a little happy about this?? Just because I didn’t read your post from yesterday until RIGHT now and was all depressed because I missed it because I didn’t know you were going to be on today and then I read this post and realized I didn’t miss it!!!! I can’t wait to see you on it next week though- I”ll be stopping by your blog regularly until I find out when it will be! Can’t Wait!!!

• Lorie says:

I am sorry that you got cut, but I can’t wait to see you when they invite you back!!

• The Lumberjack's Wife says:

Well, darn! 🙂

• Margaret says:

All in His timing, eh? You successful blogger, you!

• ali says:

Excellent outlook 🙂

• Heidi says:

Bummer!
    I have a cake to share soon that was inspired by your rainbow cake. I made it for Tim’s birthday in October and for the father/son Cub Scout cake making contest they were going to make it and then had the idea to make a tiger cake instead. It’s in progress and will be submitted tomorrow and then there will definitely be a blog post about it (with a crummy cell phone picture because my digital camera is officially dead)

• Londa says:

I’m so sorry! Tonight Beth Moore taught us that “glory is when God Himself makes Himself conspicuous.” Thank you for being the vessel that God could do that through today! Love you for being so real! 🙂

• Jan@littleglimpse says:

Isn’t it unfortunate that we have to learn lessons like this? I have learned many a good lesson from God when I least expect to, and I don’t think that I have always handled it as well as you did. Seeing it, admitting it (and not just to yourself) is making Him so proud. Can’t wait until next week!

• Ruth says:

Yep, it’s kinda funny how he’ll show up like that huh? I’ve had stuff like that happen to me too.

• He & Me + 3 says:

I love your attitude. I probably would have been mad and all pouty. You are such a sweet person & so sensitive to the spirit. Love that you are full:)
    Can’t wait to see you again on TV…or my computer screen:)

• He & Me + 3 says:

Can’t wait to see you again on TV…or my computer screen:)

• He & Me + 3 says:

Can’t wait to see you again on TV…or my computer screen:)

• Liz says:

You are so honest!! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing the clips of you online!

• Grapefruit says:

Bummed that you got cut, but love your attitude!

• Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} says:

Of course it wasn’t you, they know your great, and so do we. I look forward to seeing the clips when ever they are lucky enough to have you fit them into your schedule 🙂

• Karen@SurvivingMotherhood says:

Ahhhh! HE knows what we need. Amen?
    And I love, LOVE that God cares enough about our hearts and our character that He is willing to arrange things so intricately and perfectly – so that we don’t miss the lesson.
    Pride is an on-going battle I have with my flesh. My heart wants only to glorify God, but my flesh keeps fighting to be seen, too.
    Not to us, O LORD, but to Your name be the glory!
    Love you!

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...