Chocolate Pudding is a creamy, chocolatey, homemade pudding that is a delicious snack or after-dinner treat.
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2¾ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped topping & chocolate shavings, for garnish (optional)
In a medium saucepan, sift together granulated sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. Combine with a whisk.
Place the saucepan over medium heat and gradually whisk in milk until smooth and combined. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla and stir to combine. Let cool briefly, then serve warm, or chill in refrigerator if you prefer cold pudding. If not serving warm, store pudding in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. (The plastic should be touching the surface of the pudding; otherwise, a film will form.)
Serve garnished with whipped topping and chocolate shavings.