Revel Bars are thick dessert bars made with two layers of oatmeal bars with a thick layer of fudge in between.
- 3 cups (270g) old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups (400g) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 227g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (364g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (1 stick, 113g) unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper (up the sides).
In a large bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
In a separate large bowl, add sugar and butter. Use a hand mixer to cream together until fully incorporated. Add eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
Adding one cup at a time, mix in the flour.
Spread ⅔ of the mixture (about 3 cups) into the prepared pan. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter, and salt. Mix well until combined.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour the fudge mixture over the layer of the oat mixture.
Using the remaining oat mixture, form small discs and place them over the top of the chocolate mixture.
Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the bars cool to room temperature before transferring them to the refrigerator to chill for 3 hours.