Brownie Batter Frosting
This Brownie Batter Frosting is the best of both worlds. Rich chocolate delicious frosting that tastes just like brownie batter!
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (57g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups (256g) confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup (35g) baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth using a hand-held mixer. You can also use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
Add in confectioners' sugar and cocoa and mix until combined. I prefer to mix on low even though it takes about 3 minutes to fully incorporate. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
Add in vanilla and brown sugar and mix until smooth. Test frosting and if you can detect any graininess, continue to mix on high until completely smooth.Sprinkle with mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. (optional)