The Best Lemon Bars
This perfect Lemon Bars Recipe has two important things; the perfect amount of lemon and a rich buttery crust. I add a bit more lemon juice than most, but it’s what sets my lemon bar recipe apart!
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226g) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (256g) all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (32g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (160ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar with a pastry cutter, a fork, or your hands. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan lined with foil.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.
Whisk together 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Crack eggs into a separate bowl, then whisk them into the sugar and flour mixture. Add 2/3 cup lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the oven. (Do not cover)
Allow bars to cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours then dust with confectioners sugar.
Cut into squares and serve.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 238kcal