Hatching Chick Cake
This Hatching Chick Cake is one of my favorite Easter Cake ideas yet! So easy to put together and so fun to share with friends and family!
- 1 stick 1/2 cup or 113g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c 300g granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 c 307g milk
- 1/8 c vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 6 dashes McCormick Yellow Food color
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 1/4 c 281g all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt if using table salt use 1/2 tsp
- 1 c 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 tsp. McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 32 oz 8 cups confectioners sugar, sifted*
- 2 tbsp. whole milk you can use up to 1/2 cup if you need a loose, creamy consistency
- pinch salt
- *You can use as little as 4 cups if you want to decrease sugar
Place softened butter and granulated sugar into stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on medium for 1-2 minutes.
Add milk, oil, vanilla, yellow food color, and eggs and mix on medium for one minute or until ingredients are fully incorporated.
Place dry ingredients into stand mixer and mix on low until fully combined about 1 minute.
Pour batter into prepared 9 x 13 cake pan. Bake at 350°F for 22-32 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
Beat butter in bowl of stand mixer with whisk attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. (about 3 minutes)
Add vanilla extract.
With the mixer on low, slowly add in confectioners sugar, milk, and salt; frequently scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
Once incorporated, whip frosting for at least 3 minutes on medium high to high. (My mixer went for 7 minutes)
If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk.