Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies
This delectable butter cookie melts in your mouth!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup (113g) salted butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces)cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups (282g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (63g) confectioners sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, for rolling cookie dough in
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and granulated sugar until blended.
Add in egg and vanilla.
Add in flour, baking powder, and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar. With the mixer on low, gradually beat into creamed mixture.
Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough and then roll in confectioners’ sugar. Place approximately 6 dough balls on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Bake until they no longer appear wet on top, 8-11 minutes. After about 5 minutes, place on wire racks to cool.