Perfection on a platter! The only cheesecake recipe you will ever need!
Servings: 12 slices
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups (250 g) superfine granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120 g) sour cream room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup (120 g) sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced and divided
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Make sure all graham crackers are coated in butter and that it is a coarse sand consistency.
Press crust onto the bottom and ⅔ of the way up a 9-inch springform pan lined with parchment. Wrap 2 pieces of heavy-duty tin foil around the bottom and sides of the pan. Place into the oven and bake for 13 minutes until the edges of the crust are golden.
Use an electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to mix cream cheese until creamed.
Beat in the sugar and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add in the sour cream and vanilla.
Blend until smooth and creamy. Scrape down sides of the bowl. With the mixer on low, add in eggs one by one until fully incorporated.
Pour the filling in the crust. Carefully place cheesecake into the preheated water bath. Bake until the top of cheesecake turns golden, about 60 - 70 minutes. Let cheesecake cool on a wire rack.
Add 2 cups of the sliced strawberries and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Let it come up to a boil and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. The sugar should be dissolved and a strawberry syrup should form. Remove from the heat.
Stir in the remaining sliced strawberries.
Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 2 to 3 hours.