If you happen to love a rich, buttery crust paired with a strawberry filling that will make your eyes roll up in your head, these are the bars for you.
Servings: 9 bars
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (42g) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113g) cold butter, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (250g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (31g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups sliced strawberries, (one 16 ounce container)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, blend the flour, confectioners sugar, and butter. You can use a food processor or pastry cutter, but I prefer my hands. You want the butter to be no bigger than a pea size and the ingredients to be well incorporated.
Press into a 8 x 8 pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes. (The edges should just barely start to golden.)
In a medium bowl, lightly beat two eggs. Add sugar, flour, and salt and mix until combined.
Gently stir in the sliced strawberries.
Pour mixture over the hot crust. Bake for another 35-40 minutes or until filling is set.
Allow bars to cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. You can serve them warm or refrigerate until ready to serve.