Easy, but delicious, these Cherry Bars will be your go-to dessert for your next potluck!
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (42g) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113g) cold butter, diced
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, blend the flour, confectioners sugar, and butter. You can use a food processor or pastry cutter, but I prefer my hands. You want the butter to be no bigger than a pea size and the ingredients to be well incorporated.
Press into an 8x8 inch pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes. (The edges should just barely start to golden.)
After the crust has cooled, pour the cherry pie filling over the crust.