Chocolate Cherry Brownies
Chocolate Cherry Brownies are moist chocolate brownies topped with a cherry and ganache topping.
Servings: 12 big brownies
- 1 1/2 cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (42g) dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks or 170g) butter, softened or room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup seedless cherry preserves
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray or GOOP.
In a large bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt. Whisk together ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
With the mixer off, add in the flour mixture. Turn mixer on low and mix until ingredients are well combined.
Pour brownies into a prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F. Brownies are done when an inserted toothpick is removed with crumbs but not wet batter.
When brownies are slightly cooled (but still warm!), spread the cherry preserves over the top using an off-set spatula.
To make the chocolate ganache, bring the whipping cream to a boil and remove from heat.
With chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl, pour cream over chips and slowly stir until all chips are melted.
Pour the chocolate ganache over the cherry preserves layer, covering as much of the preserves as possible.
Refrigerate for about an hour or until the chocolate is set.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 452kcal