Skillet Apple Fritter
Skillet Apple Fritter is a simple, but sweet, ooey-gooey treat that is a layer of cinnamon and sugar-coated biscuits topped with juicy chopped sweetened apples that are all baked in one skillet
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- ½ cup (100 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cans (8-count each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, flaky
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Peel, core, and dice the apples.
In a medium bowl combine apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Toss to coat apples evenly.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add apple mixture and cook until apples are tender (about 5 minutes).
While apples are cooking, cut each biscuit into 6 equal pieces.
In a medium bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
Roll each piece into a ball and roll it in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place the biscuits into the prepared oven-safe skillet.
Spoon the apple mixture on top of the biscuits. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.