Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars
Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars are sweet dessert bars that start with a buttery crust and then topped with cream cheese and butter-flavored topping.
- 2 ½ cups (312.5 g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (94 g) confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups (500 g) confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
To a large bowl, combine flour, confectioners' sugar, salt, and nutmeg.
Drizzle in butter and mix until combined and crumbly. Using the bottom of a glass or your hand, press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Using a fork, poke holes all over the surface of the crust.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let come to room temperature before adding the topping.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and butter. Mix on medium speed until creamy.
Slowly add the confectioners' sugar, eggs, yolks, and vanilla. Beat on low until smooth and creamy.
Pour over cooled crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. (The center should be jiggly, but not liquidy.)
Allow the bars to cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Then, place the bars in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours before cutting and serving.