Lemon Lush is a layered dessert with a pecan crust topped with a lemon cheesecake layer, lemon pudding, and finally, whipped topping and more pecans
- ½ cup (1 stick, 113g) butter, melted
- 1½ cups (192g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (109g) chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Layer
- 12 ounces (340g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (225g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup (238g) whipped topping
- 2 boxes (3.4-ounces each) lemon instant pudding
- 3 cups (735g) whole milk
- 2 cups (576g) whipped topping
- ¼ cup (27g) chopped pecans, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine butter, flour, and chopped pecans. Using a fork, combine ingredients well. Then press into the bottom of the baking dish.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye on it so the edges don't burn. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Layer
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until it is light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
Add in the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Beat until everything is combined.
Adding a little bit at a time, fold in the whipped topping.
Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled crust. Place in the freezer while you prepare the lemon layer.
In a large mixing bowl, add lemon pudding mix and milk. Use a hand mixer to beat until smooth and slightly thickened (about 2-4 minutes).
Pour the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer and carefully smooth it into an even layer. Place it in the refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes.
When ready, dollop whipped cream onto the layer of lemon pudding and carefully smooth it into an even layer.
Top with pecans, for garnish.
Place the dessert into the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours, up to overnight.