Cherry Jamboree is cream cheese bars with an almond crust, a cream cheese filling, and topped with cherry pie filling.
Servings: 12 pieces
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1¾ cups (219 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (108 g) finely chopped almonds
- 2 cups (476 g) heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 cups (220 g) confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups (766 g) cherry pie filling (or one 21-ounce can)
In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, flour, and almonds.
Press into the bottom of the prepared 9×13-inch baking dish.
Bake 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature as you prepare the filling.
Add heavy cream to a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, start mixing at the lowest speed. Then, gradually increase speed to medium until the cream starts to get thicker. (The gradual progression prevents you from spraying yourself with cream.)
When the cream starts to thicken, stop the mixer. Slowly add in the confectioners' sugar and then resume mixing again, starting with low speed and increasing to medium speed, and eventually moving to a high speed. The cream will thicken and start to peak.
In a separate large bowl, add cream cheese and use a hand mixer to beat until creamy.
Gently fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust.
Top with cherry pie filling.
Let the bars chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.