Lemon Surprise Cake
Just six ingredients are all you need to bake the most flavorful and delicious Lemon Surprise Cake!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Keyword: Lemon Surprise Cake
Servings: 6 SERVINGS
Author: Amanda Rettke
- 1 1/2 cup (339g or 3 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups (600g) granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups (384g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. McCormick Lemon Extract
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda, like 7-up or Sprite
- 3 cups (375g) confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Lemon Extract
- 0-4 tablespoons milk (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour (or spray with non-stick spray) a bundt pan.
Cream sugar and butter in the bowl of stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy and light.
With the mixer on low, add eggs one at a time and mix well.
Add in lemon extract and soda and then slowly add in flour and mix until fully incorporated.
Bake at 350°F for one hour and fifteen minutes or until inserted toothpick is removed with very few crumbs.