Ultimate Blueberry Cheesecake
I love, love, love Cheesecake. The thick buttery crust and decadently rich and smooth filling with blueberries spilling over the top is a sight to behold!
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 packages (8-ounce packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups (300g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (184g) whole milk, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (230g) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (31g) all-purpose flour
In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a bowl of a stand mixer, mix cream cheese with sugar on medium-high speed until smooth. (about 3 minutes)
With the mixer on low, blend in milk and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
Add in sour cream, vanilla, and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, turn the oven off, and let the cheesecake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking.* See Notes for alternative method.
Chill in refrigerator until serving.
*You could also bake in a water bath. Before filling your springform pan, wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Make sure the sheet is large and there is no area for water to seep in. Then, after filling pan, place in a large roasting pan. Place that pan into the hot oven and then fill the pan with water using a pitcher.
This method works great and you do NOT need to keep the cheesecake in the oven for 5-6 hours when using it. Simple remove from the oven after baking then allow cheesecake to come to room temperature, then refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 6 hours.