This Ultimate Blueberry Cheesecake is a showstopper. The cheesecake is a classic New York recipe (perfect for years!) covered with the most luxurious blueberry topping. One of the best parts is the graham cracker crust which has a secret ingredient… cinnamon! This recipe is a must-try!
I made this to bring to my hubby’s’ family’s Thanksgiving celebration this Sunday, and actually snapped these pictures when we were there. Please forgive the poor quality!
I love, love, love Cheesecake. The thick buttery crust and decadently rich and smooth filling with blueberries spilling over the top is a sight to behold! Whenever I make this recipe, the consistency is smooth and creamy and there are no cracks to speak of. Plus it’s stinking delicious!
I love, love, love Cheesecake. The thick buttery crust and decadently rich and smooth filling with blueberries spiling over the top is a sight to behold!
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 packages (8 ounces packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups whole milk, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream room, temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small saucepan, add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or so until the fruit begins to break down slightly. Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, mix cream cheese with sugar on medium-high speed until smooth. (about 3 minutes)
- With the mixer on low, blend in milk and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
- Add in sour cream, vanilla, and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off, and let the cheesecake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking.
- Chill in refrigerator until serving.
This filling is to be spread generously over the top of the cheesecake after it is cooled.
Truly, this is the most wonderful cheesecake.
I hope you will try it!