Best French Toast
A tried and true recipe, we love this no-fail French Toast!
Servings: 6 people
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup milk, I recommend whole milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, you can add more or less to your tastes
- 10-12 slices bread
- pure maple syrup
Beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon with wire whisk until smooth. Heat griddle 350°F to 375°F, and grease griddle if necessary. (I did not)
Dip bread into egg mixture (do not soak it) then place on griddle. Cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Serve with room temperature butter and syrup and or fresh fruit.