Puppy Chow Bars
Seriously delicious and easy to make! These chocolate, peanut butter, and confectioners' sugar bars are addictive!
- 7 cups Rice Chex cereal, (start with 5 cups and check consistency)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (258 g) creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup (28 g) unsalted butter, can use salted
- 1 bag (10 ounces) mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup (31 g) confectioners sugar
In a large mixing bowl, add the Chex cereal and set aside.
In a separate medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring until melted.
Add in the mini marshmallows, stir to coat and return to the microwave, cooking again in 30-second intervals until the marshmallows start to puff and melt. The mixture should be thick and creamy.
Pour the marshmallow mixture over the Chex cereal and stir to coat. (Make sure to stir as much as you need in order to generously coat all of the cereal.)
Transfer the cereal mixture to a 9x13 inch greased baking pan and press it firmly into the pan. Set in the refrigerator to chill for 10-15 minutes.
Lightly coat the top of the bars with powdered sugar. Cut and serve!
Serving: 12g | Calories: 303kcal