Oreo Earthquake Cake
This gooey, rich, delicious Oreo Earthquake Cake is layered with Oreo cookies, chocolate cake, cream cheese, and more chocolate that is an explosion of flavor in every bite!
Servings: 12 people
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix, mixed according to package directions
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) butter, melted
- 2½ cups (312.5 g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
Prepare the cake batter according to package directions.
Layer the bottom of your pan with the Oreo cookies.
Spread your cake batter over the top. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and salt.
Beat with a mixer until combined. Dollop the mixture over the cake and use a knife or skewer to create a marble swirl.
Sprinkle chocolate chips and crumbled Oreos on top and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the center is set.
Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.