Fresh Strawberry Cobbler
Fresh Strawberry Cobbler is a perfect summertime dessert that can be put together in minutes and features fresh strawberries.
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed, dried, hulled, and halved
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons turbinado sugar
In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Slowly whisk in the melted butter. Pour the batter into the skillet.
In a medium bowl, toss the strawberries with sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Add the strawberry mixture evenly over the top of the batter.
Bake for 45 minutes. (Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place it on the bottom of the oven to catch any drips.)
After 45 minutes, sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the top and return to oven; bake an additional 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve topped with ice cream or whipped topping.