Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
Strawberry Shortcake Trifle is a layered dessert made with fresh strawberries, creamy cheesecake filling, and angel food cake.
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, cut into quarters (approximately 4½ cups)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup strawberry preserves
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ can (7 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces whipped cream
- 1 angel food cake, cut into bite sized cubes
In a medium bowl, mix together the strawberries, sugar, and preserves. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with a hand mixer. Fold in whipped topping.
To assemble: In a large trifle bowl, add ⅓ of the angel food cake, ⅓ of the strawberry mixture, and ⅓ of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat the layers two more times.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.