I know its fall, but I wanted to make one last summer inspired cake!
Blueberry Citrus Cake
- 1 box lemon cake
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 and prepare two 8-in round cake pans.
- In mixer, combine cake mix, orange zest, lemon zest, orange juice, water, oil, and eggs on low for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and mix for a couple minutes. Remove bowl from mixer and carefully fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- From Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
This cake is right from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook. And it is fabulous. And oh-so-summery!
For the frosting I just threw together some confectioners sugar, some of my leftover zest, and milk. I know I liked the final result!