These sugar cookies with buttercream are a fun and easy way to decorate cookies… plus they are delicious!
- 1 -½ cup Butter I Use Unsalted
- 2 c Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 whole Eggs Yolks
- 4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. Almond Extract
- 4 c All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add in 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks and mix until combined.
- Add in vanilla and almond extract; mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly (about a cup at a time) add flour to butter mixture and combine. You can use a mixer or not, just depends on how strong you are.
- I usually just mix ingredients until they are combined.
- Put dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. When you are ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough out, cut out cookies, and bake for 6-8 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
I sorta went nuts.
The plan was to make some Rose Cookies for a friend.
I ended up not making a single rose cookie.
But lots of others.
Sugar cookies with chocolate buttercream and a raspberry on top.
Chocolate sugar cookies with buttercream and a cherry on top.
Cherry cookies with chocolate buttercream and chocolate sprinkles.
And a bunch more.
I couldn’t stop.
They are so easy.
And SO yummy.
I didn’t even consider busting out the thesauruses for yummy. Cause that is by far the best word to describe these cookies.
(To make them cherry flavored, simply add cherry extract instead of almond extract)
And then chocolate buttercream. And chocolate sugar cookies. I would share the recipes… but I need to tweak them first. Right now they are SO chocolaty and SO rich its hard to taste anything else.
Hopefully a tutorial soon. But right now I need to hit the gym. And when I say gym, I mean sauna.