These festive cookies are one of the easiest you’ll ever make and always make a beautiful presentation on your table! If you love meringue cookies, you will definitely want to try this festive version!
Christmas Meringue Cookies
I have been wanting to try a meringue cookie forever now… I never have before! If there is ever an option of sugar cookies or chocolate I tend to pick that over meringue. These cookies are much easier than I thought and such a unique and delicate texture! I am smitten. (Plus they are about 15 calories per cookie so you can eat a lot without feeling guilty. Plus they are naturally gluten-free. Its win-win folks.)
And knowing I can change up the vanilla and use peppermint or orange or banana or strawberry or almond extract really opens up a world of possibility for these sweet confections.
Being a complete fan of all things Shabby Chic, I had to make a few girly White Christmas trees. I resisted the glitter and sprinkles. Well, until after this picture was taken that is!
Hope you can try these sweet and easy meringues! Oh, and I promise I will attempt a post without red, green, and white. I may be stuck in a color rut. 😉
Christmas Meringue Cookies
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick® Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Food Coloring Red and Green for Christmas cookies
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. (If using a freestanding mixer, use wire whisk attachment.) Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Increase speed to medium-high.
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form.
- Beat in extract and food color until well blended.
- Place the meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a 2D, 1G, or large star tip. Slowly pipe out in a circle for the small meringue cookie onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. For the tree, pipe out a small circle then continuously make smaller circles working your way up.
- Bake both sheets of meringues at the same time 45 minutes. Turn oven off. Let meringues stand in oven 1 hour or until completely cooled.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Can you use a sugar substitute?
Wow, Cookies looks super delicious Looking forward to make this on Christmas.
I have made some little meringues using pillar box red colour in Queen brand but they are pink not red! Do you know how or what I can use so they are red not pink? maybe a different brand or gel or powder? Id like help please.