Indulging in a fantastic, decadent, and delicious Chocolate Donut Shake is one of my favorite treats! I made some donuts recently, but we were not able to eat them all in the first couple of days. As much as I still enjoy the flavor of a 2-day old donut, I do not enjoy the texture. This is the perfect way to enjoy them!
How to Make a Donut Milkshake
old chocolate donuts, donut holes, or donut muffins
chocolate ice cream
blender or food processor
whipped cream (from scratch or Cool Whip)
Donuts can definitely be glaze covered or have embellishment like sprinkles.
I used chocolate donuts, chocolate ice cream, chocolate hot fudge in this recipe, but you can certainly use vanilla flavors.
This works best with 1 or 2-day old donuts, as fresh donuts will be quite moist and not blend as well.
I can’t imagine are more indulgent or decadent treat!
A Chocolate Donut Shake sure is a fun way to bring in a New Year!
Chocolate Donut Shake
- 2 chocolate donuts or 6 donut holes
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup whipped cream
- hot fudge, for drizzling
- Cut up donuts into bite-size pieces. Take ½ the donut pieces and place in blender. To that add ice cream and milk. Mix on high until fully combined.
- Pour into 12-ounce glass and top with whipped cream. Drop a handful of chopped donut on top of the whipped cream. Drizzle with warm hot fudge.
- Serve immediately. Makes two 12-ounce glasses.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.