This M&M Caramel Marshmallow Skillet Cookie takes Ooey Gooey to a whole new level!
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, room temperature room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) packed light brown sugar (or dark brown)
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups (312g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (180g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup M&M's
- 1 cup caramel bits, (can also use caramel topping)
- 1/2 cup (170g) marshmallow topping, OR about 6 ounces of marshmallow fluff
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color, about 1 minute.
- Add in eggs and vanilla. (Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.)
- Add in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together until combined. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. (dough will be thick)
- Add the chocolate chips and M&M’S® and stir with a spoon until incorporated.
- Spread half the cookie dough evenly into prepared (lightly greased) skillet.
- Pour caramel bits and marshmallow topping evenly over cookie dough.
- Using your hands, take a small portion of the remaining cookie dough and flatten. Lay the flattened piece on to of the caramel and marshmallow. Continue this until all the dough is gone. Once you have covered the caramel and marshmallow entirely, take your spoon and gently flatten out the cookie dough in the skillet. (see video for detailed instructions)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or lightly browned on sides.
- Allow the cookie to slightly cool in the skillet. (1-2 minutes) Best served hot.
- Top with ice cream, hot fudge, and sprinkles if you would like.
- To store: Remove cookie from skillet and place in an airtight container. Stays good about 3 days. To help it stay fresh longer, add a piece of bread to the container.
M&M Marshmallow Skillet Cookie
There is nothing quite as comforting to me as a skillet cookie! This is hands down my favorite thing to treat the kids with! I absolutely love seeing them dive into it armed only with a fork and a smile.
To make this you will need:
M&M Caramel Marshmallow Cookie Recipe (below)
Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, & Sprinkles (optional)
If you do not have access to Marshmallow Topping, you can use Marshmallow Fluff. When I made this with mini marshmallows, they simply disappear after baking and you are hard-pressed to know they are there! I much prefer the texture and visibility of the topping or fluff.
I used caramel bits, but you can certainly just use caramel sauce. We liked the texture of the bits better, as they do not melt entirely, but just enough to be sweet little caramel bursts of amazingness.
You can also omit the marshmallow and caramel from the interior of the cookie and add it to the top after the cookie is done. To do that, simply prepare the cookie recipe as directed above, but put all of the cookie batter into the skillet and bake. Remove and covered in marshmallow then place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until marshmallows are slightly browned. Covered in caramel sauce (and hot fudge!) and enjoy.
Of course, the ice cream, hot fudge, and sprinkles are optional. But why not?