5 Ingredient Monkey Bread is an ooey-gooey pull-apart roll with a caramel glaze that is as easy to make as it is yummy! If you are so inclined, I also have a from-scratch Homemade Monkey Bread that you will definitely love!
5 Ingredient Monkey Bread
There are more names for monkey bread than there are ingredients in this recipe! This fun-to-eat bread is also known as monkey puzzle bread, sticky bread, Hungarian coffee cake, and many more.
No matter what you call it, you will pull off an ooey-gooey, caramel-like piece of bread every time. The secret ingredient is the butterscotch pudding mix!
Monkey Bread Ingredients
Rolls: There is no need to make your own homemade rolls; simply buy a package of Rhodes rolls. And, you don’t even have to thaw them ahead of time! Just look for the bake and serve dinner rolls.
Butterscotch Pudding Mix: Make sure you buy the COOK and SERVE pudding mix for the monkey bread, not instant.
Nuts: Adding nuts is optional in this recipe. You could try adding walnuts or pecans if desired.
Do the Rolls Have to Sit Out Overnight?
I found that letting the rolls rest for 8-10 hours was ideal. However, if a quicker rise is desired, you can put the frozen rolls in a warm place. Then, it takes about 4 hours for the rolls to rise to the top of the bundt pan and be ready to bake. If you let them sit out more than 12 hours, they can get a little too big and start to deflate.
Can I Use a Different Pan?
Generally, monkey bread is made in a bundt pan. But, you can definitely use a different type of pan to get the same delicious pull-apart Monkey Bread. You could use a casserole pan. But, the cooking times could vary when you are using a different pan. Be sure to check the middle of the bread for doneness. A bread pan or springform pan would also work.
- 20 Rhodes dinner rolls, frozen
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) COOK & SERVE butterscotch dry pudding mix
- ¾ cup (150g) light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- chopped nuts, optional
- Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- If adding nuts, sprinkle them in the pan.
- Add twenty frozen rolls to the pan.
- Evenly spread the dry pudding mix over rolls.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon. Pour evenly over rolls.
- Leave on the counter, uncovered, overnight. (If you want to cover the rolls, spray a piece of plastic wrap with non-stick spray and loosely place it over the pan.)
- When ready, preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 25-30 minutes. (If the top is getting too brown, loosely cover with aluminum foil.)
- Immediately invert the monkey bread onto a large plate. Serve and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.