Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars are dessert bars made with two peanut butter dough layers with strawberry preserves in the middle and topped with chopped peanuts. If these sound good to you, be sure to try my Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
There is something so comforting about peanut butter and jelly. The classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich is a combination of three foods that have been around for a long time: sliced bread, peanut butter, and jelly. These peanut butter and jelly bars give you the same flavors as the classic sandwich in a bar form.
PB & J Bars Ingredients
Peanut Butter: I used both creamy and crunchy peanut butter in this recipe. You could definitely stick to using all of one or the other per your preference.
Preserves: Strawberry preserves are spread in between the layers of peanut butter bar batter. You could use jelly or jam. And, of course, use your favorite flavor!
Peanuts: Chopped peanuts top the bars for a little extra crunch in every bite. You could leave those off if there is enough nuttiness in the bars for you already.
How to Store Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Store the bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. They will last a couple of days longer if stored in the refrigerator.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups (160 g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 jar (18 ounces) strawberry preserves, approximately 1 ½ cups
- ½ cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together both kinds of peanut butter, butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with a handheld mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; mix into the creamed mixture.
- Spread ⅔ of the peanut butter dough onto the bottom of the 9×13-inch pan.
- Spread the preserves evenly over the bottom layer of dough.
- Dollop the remaining dough evenly over the top of the preserves.
- Top with the chopped peanuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
I think you’re great!!
I can’t wait to make these — so unusual, and something everyone loves~
If I understand the recipe correctly, once you assemble the bars, the pan is covered with foil and baked until done. Have I got it?
Can’t wait to bake. 🥰
Thank u for always sharing ur recipes. 🥰❤️
These are amazing! I’ve made them for two different tailgates and they were a huge hit each time. Thank you!
I need help Amanda!! I followed your recipe to the letter, but it seems after I cooled them they don’t seem completely done when I cut them…..what am I doing wrong? Thank you!!
Sorry, forgot to add…….I used raspberry jam instead of the strawberry you have listed, but do not think that should make a difference. Would it be the jam that makes it appear not done in the middle? Thanks again!
These were amazing! I do a lot of baking, and try lots of new recipes. Very few impress me. This one is a keeper! Delicious! Thank you for sharing.